Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PossibleM Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2008, 08:06 AM
    Is it just me or do people know!
    When I see other people going about their every day lives, I allways wonder if they acctually realize what's real... This is kind of hard to explain... Like do people acctually fully realize and know that we came from the ocean there is un-known space we were once just as wild as the neighbors dog that they hate... What I'm saying is do people realize the "truth" about human existence... Or will they just go on with life being so un knowing of the true amazment of human life. I mean think about it the president, the government, police etc... are people just making us do what other people want us to do... we will never EVER be able to do ANYTHING we want w/ out problems.. They make children go to school so the future will be what they want it to be and to keep the world running smoothly... gosh really every thing is more complex than what you know. Now if you allways have that state of mind your going to get in trouble in today's world... that is why I'm in the middle I don't care that I live a life other people have built around me I'm fine with that as long as in my mind I am comfortable knowing what's really going on. Most people think wow you sound like a pot head your crazy blahh blahh blahh NO! They are the ones being deceived by what other people have made for them... they are the ones who need to get a grip and acctually see what really happens and what is really going on I mean if you think about it every thing is odd the earth and us the only reason why we don't take time to see the realization of things is because we are so used to what others have created for us. Other people have limited our minds to a very small range compared to EVERY THING not just earth EVERY THING.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2008, 02:28 PM
    Almost all people are wrapped up in their own primitive worldviews and their own bias' and prejudices and selfish needs that they can't see beyond the end of their noses let alone appreciate the intricacies of anything so vast as the world falling apart before their very eyes!

Almost all people live in a "dream world" and are unable to give up their illusions to live real in a real world.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 3, 2008, 02:51 PM
    Governments use various laws and controls. In the US we have everything from school boards to children and family services, to local and state police forces along with all sorts of prisons and jails.
    For this of course families in the US can home school and not be controlled by the school board. One can latter do all things legal and to some point do all things illegal they wish to do ( although they have to answer for the illegal things if and when caught)

But then most also don't believe things are hopeless and live for a purpose because of their varoius faiths and religions.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2008, 12:55 PM
    PossibleM,

I like to think of it this way.
    All that people can do to me is in this world and after I am gone from this world there is nothing they can do to me.
    And I am not going to be in this world forever nor those who went before me or those who come after me.
    And none of the governments that exist today are forever,one day their time will come and they will be gone too.They can control only as long as they exist in this world and even then it is limited,beyond the life of this world they have no control.

Living each day to the best of my ability is the best I can do,there is nothing anyone can do to make me do less or more.

I appreciate the universe as a whole with all its intricate details we know or do not know and I am sure I am not the only one who think this way.
    hiwiseguy Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Jul 13, 2008, 03:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    PossibleM,

I am not going to be in this world forever

Yes, you are.

"Forever" is a word used to mean for all time. "All the time" carbon-based life forms have, is the duration of their natural life -- from birth to death. Keeping everyone honest, 'forever' really means 'the entire length of ones life.'

When you say "I" you are referring to a real, physical, historical person. You. You only exist in this context. This world is all you can lay claim to, faithfully.

You can no more escape this time envelope than can the deer who fails to avoid your car's bumper.

Life is the process whereby energy is integrated by multileveled systems of organization. It is thus the context of all human endeavor (thinking about God, ultimate reality, etc.).

Death is the name given to these systems once they no longer integrate.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2008, 08:38 AM
    I think there are many people in society who can see, what's really going on, but are powerless to do anything about it...
    Always_helping Posts: 76, Reputation: 15

Aug 17, 2008, 08:34 PM
    If you haven't already, you may want to explore eastern philosophies and worldviews such as Buddhism, Taoism, etc.

I think this may be helpful.

Peace.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do people become mean? [ 5 Answers ]

I don't understand why my ex has been so mean to me. When we broke up I was awfully hurt by what he did, even though I broke up with him technically, it wasn't because I didn't love him anymore, far from it, but because of something he did that left me no choice and which deeply hurt... to top it...

Hello people out there [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: OK I sall this movie a long time ago and it had this song I don't remember what it is or who sing's it but the lyrics go something like this I know you think I'm kind of strange I just want to love you I don't want to cause you any pain I want to be your girl I'm watching the snow...

Why do some people say? [ 5 Answers ]

I am wondering why some people say to use condoms when girls give you head?

View more questions Search