Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    woodingian1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2008, 07:58 AM
    Creatine when to take
    How long before a work a work out should I take creatine caps
    MassNutrition Posts: 75, Reputation: 5

May 2, 2008, 01:28 PM
    Never take the "before" a workout. Take them immediately after, or first thing in the morning on non-workout days...

I have some old threads from this forum that I will try to find for you as guidelines to follow. Good luck.

May 2, 2008, 01:31 PM
    Here is one thread you can read up on:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/fitnes...in-176045.html

Also, I forgot to mention, once those pills are done, buy yourself the powder. The powder is A lot cheaper and much more effective. The powder absorbs easier and doesn't spread too much time in the gut and gets destroyed like the pills do.
    teh threat Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2008, 01:06 PM
    I don't believe in creatine, no whey. That's stuff is for guys that are hardcore. I figure that if your body needs more nutrients to build muscle then you'll crave it. You won't die from going without it either. Every other guy in the weight room drinks that stuff and they attribute their growth to it. I just laugh because the only thing helping you is showing up and exersizing.

Creatine and whey are equivalent to a weightloss pill. Take a pill and you'll lose weight and be healthy. Eat/drink this and you'll get big. Ironic how they use the word big instead of powerful.

May 3, 2008, 01:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teh threat
    I dont believe in creatine, no whey. Thats stuff is for guys that are hardcore. I figure that if your body needs more nutrients to build muscle then you'll crave it. You wont die from going without it either. Every other guy in the weight room drinks that stuff and they attribute their growth to it. I just laugh because the only thing helping you is showing up and exersizing.

Creatine and whey are equivalent to a weightloss pill. Take a pill and you'll lose weight and be healthy. Eat/drink this and you'll get big. Ironic how they use the word big instead of powerful.
    This answer is false in EVERY way. Take a pill and you'll lose weight and be healthy? First off, there is NO SUCH THING as a magic pill. Results come from hard work and dedication, and devotion. Weight loss pills are for giving you that extra edge, especially when someone is down to their last 5 or 10 lbs that they just can't shed...

Same goes for whey and creatine. Whey is a FOOD. It is a derivative of milk, and has a very high biologically value in the body. Not only does it "help" gain muscle (it doesn't make you BIG), but it supports the organs of the body as well that need nitrogen and amino acids to function, and for repair.

Creatine is NOT "hardcore", and NOT just for guys. It is a basic supplement, that can also be found naturally in red meats, fish, and dairy products. Your body actually manufactures some of it naturally for every day function. You body NEEDS it for muscle contraction, along with electrolytes such as sodium and potasium...

And yes, it DOES attribute to growth. Having more energy or power in the gym means stimulating your muscles into new growth to adapt. Creatine also has cell volumizing effects which allows the muscles to hold a little bit more water. This allows for more/better transportation of oxygen and nutrients to the working muscles.

You DON'T get big from whey, and you DON'T get big from creatine. You get big from the type of DIET you consume. High carbs, high protein, lots of calories per day... whey and creatine are only meant to give you an extra edge. This is why they are called supplements, and not REPLACEMENTS. They don't replace a proper diet, and you still need to bust your a** in the gym...
    teh threat Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2008, 02:17 PM
    Im only going off my experiences. I don't tell people my advice so they take it. I tell them so they can consider it. The pill to lose weight was an anology for the creatine/whey. You can't lose weight by taking a pill and you won't get to where you want to be by taking creatine or whey--hard work and dedication indeed that's what I preach above all.

I say those supplements are hardcore (body builder types) through comparative evidence. It's the best stuff you can buy for nutrients and muscle mass, yes indeed. But do you go out and buy a V10 Diesel truck and change out some engine parts for more power to haul around a bass boat? No. SO, Im assuming that Woodling is just doing amateur levels of exercise thus I believe that creatine and whey may not be that necessary, but a healthier diet is always in order.

If he really does need the stuff then his body will have trouble advancing 1-3 months in.

Not surprisingly Im the only person around with such downplaying beliefs on supplements.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Creatine and fertility [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I are trying to get pregnant. Does the Creatine Monohydrate and Mega Whey he takes after he works out affect his fertility?

Is creatine bad for you? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I was just wondering is creatine monohydrate the suppliment you can take in powder for with shakes, to increase muscle mass size bad for you. i.e does it because liver problem in the future of cushion syndrome?

Use of creatine [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am an engineering graduate with 6 yrs experience , Age 28,height 176cm,weight 54kg, married on feb2006 My body is so slim, so I am facing lot of problems on my duties, and finding new jobs, at the time of interview, Now I am applying for manager QA. And my look is like engineer I have...

Creatine and Whey Protein [ 7 Answers ]

I've been working out for about 2 months now approx 4 times per week and I need to start using supplements as I don't feel I'm getting the results I should be for the effort I'm putting in, but my question is Can I use creatine before I work out and take whey protein after I work out?

Creatine and Vitamin B [ 3 Answers ]

If it is advisable to take vitamin B with Creatine ,would it be all right to mix creatine in with whey protein drink as that contains vitamin B ?

View more questions Search