Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kyza Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2006, 08:55 PM
    Chinese letters spelling out the name Terahare
    Hi could anyone please help with this. I would like to know the chinese spelling of this name Terahare thanks
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Mar 9, 2006, 09:47 PM
    http://www.tepson.com/Free-Chinese-name-translation.htm

Hope this is of some help. :)
    misteral Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2008, 01:12 AM
    Hi There!
    There is a slight problem with finding characters to fit a word written with western letters. Because Chinese does not have an alphabet, the only way you can transliterate a word from another language into Chinese is to find words/characters which sound similar to the syllables of the word you want to translate. Then, when you have the sounds matched you need to pick characters which represent words which will make sense in a phrase.
    Complicated huh?
    So is your name pronounced tear-rah-hair? Or is it Tay-rah-har-ree, or Tear-rah-har-ray?
    From which ever sounds are correct, you need to find a word which sounds similar, then try to match up the different options into a meaningful phrase.

At Reddo Chinese Translation there is an online translator. If you search for the individual syllables in Pin Yin, you might be able to make a short list of characters and go from there.
    Alternatively you'll find a $10 service which might be able to do it for you on the Chinese Tattoo Translation page from the same site.

Good luck :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Meaning of tv-radio call letters [ 5 Answers ]

Is there a website that gives the meaning of radio-tv callletters? i.e.wlup-fm chicago- the loop

Chinese letters spelling out ARCHER or MASTER ARCHER [ 2 Answers ]

If anyone can provide me with the correct structure and chinese letters that spell out ARCHER or MASTER ARCHER or something very close. If anything is provided please give the english translation also. Thank you :confused:

Dispute Letters [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone point me to a good dispute letter to CA's? One that is in line with the system so I can try to get some answers. I know some of these collectors don't have the original docs to prove the account. Do they have to have the original contract where I signed? Also I was told in the state...

The spelling of words [ 7 Answers ]

Hello. Here is something that has been on my mind these last few days. I was hoping someone who knew this could be of assistance. In Canada/UK, we spell it colour. The Americans spell it color. In Canada, we spell it centre. The Americans spell it center. In Canada, we spell it...

View more questions Search