Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2008, 05:34 AM
    The Dems come back crawling to Fox Network
    This week Howard the scream Dean; Barak Obama ,and Evita have all made or will make appearances on a Fox interview shows . Dean will appeared on Fox News Sunday ;Obama was on Chris Wallace Sunday show and in 2 segments Evita schmoozed with Bill O'Reilley .

The Politico is reporting that the Kossacks are going ballistic over these appearances .
    Fox trumps Netroots; bloggers rebel - Mike Allen - Politico.com

The détente with Fox has provoked a backlash from progressive bloggers, who contend the party’s leaders are turning their backs on the base — and lending credibility and legitimacy to the network liberals love to hate — in a quest for a few swing votes.
    With the party’s presidential contest reduced to hand-to-hand combat, Democrats are turning to the ratings leader among cable news channels in a clear rebuff to the liberal activists known as the Netroots.
    The Politico concludes that the lefty bloggers are losing their influence in the race .

The Democratic leaders’ new openness to Fox reflects the liberal left’s diminishing power, at least at this point in the political cycle. Once feared by the Democratic candidates, these activists are now viewed at least in part as an impediment to winning the broad swatch of support needed to clinch the nomination.
    I for one was happy letting the Kossaks and the Huffpos define who the Democrats are ;and of course the Moveon crowd thought that they had bought the party and therefore could dictate their course to them.
    MoveOn to Democratic Party: "we own it" - Salon.com
    It must drive George Soros nuts seeing Evita and Obama scrambling as fast as they can to the center and mainstream of America.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2008, 07:52 AM
    Fox News has already started striking back at John Edwards for saying no to their debate in Nevada. And John's not their only target.

Fox News Vice President David Rhodes is telling news organizations not to get involved in the Nevada Democratic Caucus because "radical fringe" groups -- meaning grassroots Democrats (that would be you) -- objected to Fox's long history of spreading Republican propaganda at the expense of Democratic leaders.

Help us send a clear message to Fox News and their allies that their right-wing talking points and temper tantrums won't go unchallenged anymore -- when it comes to what Democrats should do in the Democratic primary, we'll decide -- no matter what they report.
    How's that workin' for you John? I'm with you in that letting the Kossaks and the Huffpos and the MoveOn crowd define who the Democrats are was fine with me. But on the other hand it's also a little satisfying watching the netroots squirm. I saw a little of Evita's interview on O'Reilly and she handled herself well - I still wouldn't vote for here but she did a good job. Word from Chris Wallace is Obama will likely join O'Reilly soon also. That'll really make the netroots squirm.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2008, 02:45 PM
    Turns out that the Dems were not up to the challenge of facing probing questions .I'm sure in retrospect they would rather have faced moderators OReilley and Wallace than Stephanopoulos and Gibson in a debate format .
    SkyGem Posts: 177, Reputation: 18

May 2, 2008, 05:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    It must drive George Soros nuts seeing Evita and Obama scrambling as fast as they can to the center and mainstream of America.
    Yet the biggest and most influential newspaper in INDIANA just endorsed "Evita"! How do you like them apples!

TheHill.com - Indiana's largest paper backs Clinton

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dems pounce when McCain misspeaks on Iraq [ 20 Answers ]

Senator Joseph I. Lieberman has to travel with John McCain to make certain that he keeps the Terrorist fairy tale straight. Now I am confused. Are we fighting Al Qaeda or are we supposed to be afraid of everyone? Has the list of our enemies shifted from Al Qaeda to everyone? I am so confused. Could...

Wascally Wepublicans Pervert Dems [ 5 Answers ]

What an audaciously, idiotic statement: "Democrats now taking sides in this increasingly contentious contest can take solace in one point: No matter who wins the nomination, the leading contenders have learned from the Republicans, aped their tactics and won’t be caught unaware by a GOP onslaught...

Crawling Junipers/ Turning BROWN! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi , I live in northwestern PA. and have problems with my Creeping Junipers turning brown in my landscaping in front of my house. I have trimmed the brown back, fertilized and everything. This has been going on now for 2 years and I have evn had to replace a couple that died totally this year. What...

Fever, skin crawling [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend has been complaining of a fever, shivers and that his skin is crawling. Does anyone know what the cause could be and how we could treat it?

Small inch worm like things crawling all over outside my house [ 0 Answers ]

Starting last night I discovered small brown 1/2 inch long "worms" or inch worms crawling all over my driveway, sidewalk, front doors and garage doors. Now they are still there on the 2nd day. Checked with the neighbors and 2 other homes have them also. Have no idea what they are but it is...

View more questions Search