Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    S SID Posts: 91, Reputation: 11

May 2, 2008, 04:19 AM
    Accelerator not working
    I've got a new shape 2002 vauxhall (opel) vectra, my car starts but the accelerator won't work, doesn't rev the engine. Any ideas? :confused:
    S SID Posts: 91, Reputation: 11

May 2, 2008, 06:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by S SID
    I've got a new shape 2002 vauxhall (opel) vectra, my car starts but the accelerator wont work, doesn't rev the engine. Any ideas??:confused:
    :confused:
    ddollinger Posts: 145, Reputation: 12

May 2, 2008, 01:03 PM
    Check on the gas pedal side and the carb/throttle body side as it sounds as if the throttle cable has either broken or has come disconnected.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Engine/Accelerator/Tran Issue? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Ford Crown 1988, 8 cylinder. I don't recall the specs at this moment, but I can get them if it is necessary to answer this question. When I accelerate, it is slow and sluggish like my pedal isn't providing anymore gas when I push it down. I have to get almost all the way to the floor...

Shindaiwa weedeater head will not turn manually or with accelerator [ 2 Answers ]

Machine was working fine -stored it for a few weeks; started it right up but the head won't turn.

Accelerator for far better speed [ 2 Answers ]

I see the ads about an accelerator that will make my computer run up to 300 times faster. How is this possible? Are there some accelerators that are much better than others or is it all a scam? Thanks Kentucky Nick :confused:

Honda civic 91 accelerator didn't work at light, now won't start [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Just like everyone, there seems to be a problem with my Honda. It had problems starting and wouldn't always start, I would have to pop the clutch, sometimes it would idle low and then sometimes too high... I decided to finally do something about it and changed the spark plugs. That day it...

View more questions Search