Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    melsgirls Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2008, 01:30 AM
    Why won't my dog gain weight?
    I am very worried about my dog. She had a litter of pups 4 weeks ago and she has lost a massive amount of weight and she keeps losing it. She is a Shepard/Husky mix, she should weigh between 50-70 lbs but she only weighs 22 lbs. I currently have her on purina puppy chow and I don't want to switch her to a different food because she is still nursing the pups. What should I do to make her gain weight?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2008, 02:01 AM
    Have you tried to give her more protein in her diet? Perhaps feed her a bit of milk, chicken, etc? Have you contacted a vet?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My german shepard won't gain weight [ 6 Answers ]

I have tried everything!! My German Shepard won't gain weight at all. He is little. Any suggestions on a good wormer or med or food I could give him? I can't take him to the vet cause his temper is not the greatest. Please someone tell me something!!

How to gain weight? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I am 21 years old boy. I have a height of 5'5 and I weigh about 45kgs. I am underweight and desperately want to increase my weight. Whenever I increase my diet I start gaining weight but as soon as I come back to normal diet schedule, my weight heavily decreases. Professionally I am a...

Skinny dog won't gain weight [ 6 Answers ]

Hi guys I have a femail pitbull who is just over a year, she only weighs about 60 to 65 pounds I've been to the vet about 3 times she doesn't have worms or nethign else wrong with her the problem is that is to skiny and hasn't gained any height nor width I'm feeding her on the regular basis and...

Won't gain weight [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Pit bull and he eats a good amount of food but he still won't put any weight on in his hind end, I don't know what to do?

Weight gain [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I hardly eat more than a meal per day yet I have weight problems I take in lot of fruits as well. My parents are not obese and we do not seemingly have any obese person in my lineage.What else could account for my weight problems. I am 1.7m tall and weigh 95kg.

View more questions Search