Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    h2opolochic4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2008, 07:50 PM
    1970 decade of stalemate
    Why can the 1970s be characterized as a “decade of stalemate?” What caused the apparent inability of the federal government to cope with the new problems of the time?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2008, 02:41 PM
    I've never heard the 70'called the "decade of stalemate " before . Is this something your teacher made up ;or is there a textual reference you can give to support it ?There are certain things that happened in the 1970s that could make me agree with the premise . Among them are the disgraceful way the Vietnam ear ended ;the severe erosion of executive authority and a Congress that was inable to cope with economic challenges ;the erosion of American power and prestige ,and coping with major disruptions in the oil supply due to geopoliitical challenges and weak US responses to them .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Saw the ex for the first time in nearly a decade. COMMENCE MELTDOWN [ 9 Answers ]

I was out at a show last night, and saw my ex-girlfriend with the guy she left me for almost ten years ago. This was "the one that got away." The one I still think about every single day. The one that makes me dream of time travel so I can go back and fix all the things I messed up (I never cheated...

1960 or 1970 bear cartoon [ 5 Answers ]

I'm looking for a cartoon with two bears one little smart bear and a big stupid bear:p

The value of 1960-1970 power tools [ 2 Answers ]

I have many craftsman tools left by my father dating from the 1960's to 1970's . They are very heavy but still work. I'm just wondering how much their worth. I can't hold on to them for sentimetal reasons anymore and my son has much newer tools and their much to heavy for me to use. Need some...

1960-1970 thriller episode [ 9 Answers ]

This was a movie I watched in the 60's I think. It was like a Hitchcock or Twilight Zone episode but have checked all titles and found nothing. It goes like this. A man was sentenced to a prison term. He befriended a black man in the prison who buries the inmates when they die. They planned to...

View more questions Search