Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    volta-rewind Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

May 1, 2008, 04:13 PM
    I am grounded
    I had a different thing written.
    But I don't want it anymore.

Is there any way I could delete this question?
    I don't see anything.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2008, 04:15 PM
    I have an excellent idea!

Work a little harder, bring the grades up a little more, try to stop whining so much, and I'll bet you get "ungrounded".

Sound good?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 1, 2008, 04:53 PM
    Just accept your consequences right now. Your mom probably knows you better than we do here. You have to remember this grounding business should be for your own good. The best way to make the time fly by is to study something that you really are interested in and excel in this subject at school. Sometimes just changing our attitudes to what we consider punishment can be all it takes. Lighten up on yourself and stop trying to think up ways to get out of things like punishment. If you put as much energy into trying to think up ideas how to change your mom's thinking you could probably get better grades. Just a thought.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2008, 05:17 PM
    Well, I don't know your mom, but I was your mom... A kid who is grounded, yet doesn't complain and does chores that mom would normally do without being asked. That would soften me up.

The attitude is: I'm stuck here at home, going to make the best of it. The kid smiles and clears the dinner table and begins loading the dishwasher. Kid sees the trash can is full in the bathroom and empties it. Mom comes home with groceries, help her bring them into the house and help put them away. Hiding in your room and waiting to be ungrounded is fine too. But that kid may sit in his room for 3 weeks.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 1, 2008, 05:31 PM
    Well in my house you would not be grounded if you could still use the computer. Being grounded was stuck without all the fun things.

May 19, 2008, 12:11 PM
    Oh trust me, when I am grounded I get cut from all of my resources.
    I am not aloud on the computer either,
    But I am using this one at school.
    :)

May 19, 2008, 12:22 PM
    Oh trust me, when I am grounded I get cut from all of my resources.
    I am not aloud on the computer either,
    But I am using this one at school.
    :)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 19, 2008, 12:24 PM
    No, you can not delete your post, only the moderators and admin can do that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Going from nongrounded to grounded [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a handyman and curious is there a easy way to change a non grounded outlet into a grounded outlet

Should siding be grounded? If yes, how? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all, great site. I am a new member and I have three questions about grounding. 1. I have installed a copper grounding rod which I intend to use to ground a portable generator. It is an 8ft rod with the shielded #12 grounding wire. I managed to get six feet into the ground which is very...

Should the light switch be grounded? [ 3 Answers ]

I am doing some wiring as part of finishing my basement. Is it required to ground the switches? Most of the regular two way switches have ground screw built in. Thanks

Problem with grounded neutral. [ 1 Answers ]

I have an exterior GFCI receptacle that failed. I bought a new GFCI to replace this one. When I opened the outlet box, I discovered that the ground was tied both to the ground screw on the receptacle as well as the neutral plate. I thought I would correct this with the new GFCI receptacle, but...

Outlets(receptacles) not grounded... what to do? [ 4 Answers ]

I embarked on a project to replace all the 15amp duplex wall receptacles in my living room yesterday because I wanted white outlets instead of the black ones that were installed. So I turned off the power and started to swap them out. They are 15amp duplex, 125-volt u-grounded receptacles. Much to...

View more questions Search