Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    timc23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2008, 04:08 PM
    Drivers license
    I recently cleared my driving record here in az. but I'm still suspended in ill. az won't give me a license till ill. Suspension is up. Is there any state that I could go to that would not find that suspension in ill. And issue me a license. The suspension in ill. Is for driving w/revoked, so I'm suspended there till 12-08. If I could get a license in another state, I could drive here in az. Legally. Please help!
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2008, 04:24 PM
    Sorry, can't help you now.

I would have advised you not to drive while revoked, but you didn't ask.

When you do wrong, and get caught, there exists this little thing called punishment.

I'm sure you knew what the consequences of driving while revoked would be, now you just have to accept those consequences and learn from the punishment.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 1, 2008, 05:54 PM
    First no, all of the states will not legally give you

Next you can't just "go" to another state and get a drivers licesne you have to move to that state, and once you move out of it, the license is only good for 30 days. ** most states
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

May 1, 2008, 05:56 PM
    DMV database links to all states, so you cannot get driver's license in another state.
    In fact, DMV now also share database with DHS, and SSA..
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 2, 2008, 03:50 PM
    No. You cannot just go to another state and get a brand new driver's license. They carefully check the data base for just that. You cannot have a license in two different states. You will just have to wait until 12-08.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drivers license [ 10 Answers ]

I have been told it is illegal to photo copy a driver's license. Is this true? home owner LA CA

Drivers license! [ 1 Answers ]

I live in California and I'd like to know if ilegal aliens are allowed to apply for a drivers license? Thank you, Philly

Drivers license [ 1 Answers ]

When was the first drivers license in Pa. issued, and when did they start charging for them.

Judgements on drivers license [ 20 Answers ]

Can judgements be placed on your drivers license?

UK drivers license to US license (but with conviction) [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in the UK and I recently crashed my dad's car (without a license nor insurance). I am going to get my full license soon, but the motoring department in the UK have said that I WILL have a conviction on it (obvisouly, for crashing, driving without license/insurance, seatbelts, etc). I am...

View more questions Search