Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GaryLB Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2008, 03:25 PM
    Very quick response to my resume
    Hello,

I submitted my resume for an entry-level position to a very busy job board the other day. The job listing was already 7 days old so I didn't expect to receive a quick reply, if at all. Lo and behold, less than an hour later, I received an email from a representative in this company wanting to know if I could come in for an interview this week. We corresponded with several more messages to agree on a date and time and each of those messages were responded to very rapidly.

Since I've never experienced anything quite like this before, my question is: should I look at this as a good or bad sign? I would like to believe that the representative was just blown away by my qualifications and just had to talk to me. :) Has anyone here experienced this before?

Thanks in advance
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2008, 03:44 PM
    There are so many variables here, I'm not sure how to respond.

On the one hand, if you were applying for a brain surgeon position, I would be very excited.

On the other hand, if you applied for the position of say something like the guy that holds up the slow sign in Arizona in the middle of August, well, you get my point, right?

Without getting specific, anytime you get a call from someplace you have applied for work, it is a good thing, right?

May 1, 2008, 03:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by progunr
    There are so many variables here, I'm not sure how to respond.

On the one hand, if you were applying for a brain surgeon position, I would be very excited.

On the other hand, if you applied for the position of say something like the guy that holds up the slow sign in Arizona in the middle of August, well, you get my point, right?

Without getting specific, anytime you get a call from someplace you have applied for work, it is a good thing, right?
    I agree, getting a response from my resume is definitely a good thing. :) It's just that I've never had a company respond so rapidly before. It astonished me.

The job is for an entry-level software developer at a local firm by the way. It's been six years since I graduated with a technical degree in Computer Programming and I have been working in a non-related industry for the past few years.

Thanks for your response
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 1, 2008, 04:06 PM
    Many things, first what type of entry level jobs, even what county is it in.

It could be their HR was just getting ready to schedule intereviews the exact time you sent yours in. Odd things happens, perhaps it was just meant to be.
    schwinn160 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

May 28, 2008, 09:45 AM
    It could be coincidence and it could be that you were just that good... If the second option is plausible, why not just take it for the benefit of yourself esteem? ;)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 28, 2008, 10:30 AM
    It could also be they haven't gotten many takers. I was going to question the type of position. I've gotten responses like that from firms that are really looking for salespeople for financial products.

May 31, 2008, 10:56 AM
    Wow,

I had almost forgotten that I had posted this question here until I noticed some emails today that people were responding to this.

Update: It was definitely a legitimate job offer. I went to the interview and it went very well. One week later they sent me an offer letter and I accepted. As of today I have just finished my second week of employment with them and all is going well. I can see myself working there for quite some time.

Thanks for the responses everyone. This whole situation has helped to increase my self-confidence considerably. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"just-in-time" and "quick response" [ 4 Answers ]

How is "just-in-time" different from "quick response" in supply chain management

I need resume help, please! [ 3 Answers ]

All right well this year I'm a senior, and I want to go to school for radiology. But the problem is... im not really sure on how to write a resume. And that's the only thing stopping me from starting my applications. I already have my letters of recommendation... but they need a resume and I don't...

Curious Quick Response ! [ 4 Answers ]

Hey Guys I was wondering, My Cycle is a 31 days cycle, so therefore when exactly am I ovulating?. And if I have iintercourse on the day of my ovulation can I still get pregnant?. REspond I'm dying to know!. Thnx Guys!! :) :cool:

Resume [ 3 Answers ]

How to make an effective resume?

Thanks so much for quick response [ 1 Answers ]

I am having a difficult time and I have been wearing the rings and I go back to work tomorrow. I will continue to wear her rings with pride and I thank all of you.

View more questions Search