Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2008, 11:19 AM
    Leader of al-Qaida in Somalia killed
    Of course it's no deterrent they say...

The man believed to be the head of al-Qaida in Somalia has been killed in a US air strike, an Islamic insurgent group claimed today.

The al-Shabaab militia said the assault killed nine people, including its leader, Aden Hashi Ayro, and his brother.

Six others were wounded in the assault on the central Somali town of Dusamareeb.

A spokesman for al-Shabaab said the group would continue to fight for its cause, despite the loss of its leader.

"This would not deter us from continuing our holy war against Allah's enemy; we will be on the right way, that is why we are targeted," Sheik Muqtar Robow told the Associated Press.
    The Pentagon has a different view...

The Pentagon confirmed Thursday a US military attack against an Al-Qaeda military leader in Somalia but declined to identify him.

"The US Central Command has conducted an attack against a known Al-Qaeda target and militia leader in Somalia," spokesman for the Defense Department's Central Command, Lieutenant Joe Holstead, told AFP.

"Until we have an opportunity to analyze the strike, we don't want to reveal any information," said Holstead, who would not even disclose whether an airstrike had been launched.

Reports from Mogadishu said the US strike Thursday killed at least 10 people, including Al-Qaeda's military leader Moalim Aden Hashi Ayro.

Pentagon spokesman Bryan Whitman said the attack should serve as warning to Islamist extremists everywhere.

"We will pursue terrorists worldwide," Whitman said.

"The US is committed to identifying, locating, capturing and if necessary killing terrorists wherever they operate, train, plan their operations or seek safe harbor," he said.

Witnesses told AFP that a war plane dropped three large bombs on the house at about 2:00 am (2300 GMT Wednesday), according to resident Jamal Mohamoud.
    Go ahead, tell us we were wrong for taking this guy out.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

May 1, 2008, 11:47 AM
    It is a deterrent - Ayro won't be able to terrorize anymore.

However, as per Rev Wright, O'donnel et al, we are the terrorits and are "Chickens are going to come home to roost." ;)
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2008, 11:49 AM
    Why are we there ? They did not attack us .

This is the unknown front in the war against global jihadistan (hope the State Dept. doesn't mind the description I just used ) . We with our allies the Somalis are keeping al Qaeda on the run in another of their former safe havens . I would hate to be a terror leader .They must sleep well at night knowing that at any minute a Hellfire could turn them into pink mist.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2008, 01:22 PM
    The President said: " There are thousands of these terrorists in more than 60 countries... Our war on terror begins with al Qaeda, but it does not end there. It will not end until every terrorist group of global reach has been found, stopped and defeated... Americans are asking: How will we fight and win this war? We will direct every resource at our command -- every means of diplomacy, every tool of intelligence, every instrument of law enforcement, every financial influence, and every necessary weapon of war -- to the disruption and to the defeat of the global terror network... the only way to defeat terrorism as a threat to our way of life is to stop it, eliminate it, and destroy it where it grows... I will not forget this wound to our country or those who inflicted it. I will not yield; I will not rest; I will not relent in waging this struggle for freedom and security for the American people...Whether we bring our enemies to justice, or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done." News Archive - June 2001 Another point for the Bush Doctrine; go get 'em.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2008, 05:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    I would hate to be a terror leader .They must sleep well at night knowing that at any minute a Hellfire could turn them into pink mist.
    Bin Laden seems to sleep easy! Have you seen him in those videos. He looks very fresh and well rested.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pontius Hillary, Leader of The United States? [ 4 Answers ]

Mark 15, The Bible: Ponitus Pilate: "Then what shall I do with Him whom you call the King of the Jews?" They shouted back, "Crucify Him!" But Pilate said to them, "Why? What evil has He done?" But they shouted all the more, "Crucify Him!" Wishing to satisfy the crowd, Pilate released Barabbas...

How to chose a leader [ 2 Answers ]

How are leaders chosen in US, France, Australia, Thailand?

Female Leader, Anglo-Saxon Era? [ 2 Answers ]

I was told about this girl: her daughters were raped in front of her by a certain group of (obviously) "bad guys" (for a lack of a better term), then led a collective against them, in turn defeating them. She had red hair. If anyone knows the name of this woman and the full length story, I would...

Who is this recently elected leader of an International organisation? [ 4 Answers ]

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/9443/1co8.th.jpg I really need to know and it's been bugging me all day.

View more questions Search