Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tdoslo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2008, 08:35 PM
    A very large sction of my roof blew of in the Jan3rd storm.The roof is 3yrs old and is very damaged. One roofer said that I need a whole new roof. I also have copper on the roof and it needs to be replaced as well. Do you think my insurance co. will pay for this
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 1, 2008, 06:18 AM
    First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. This can lead to confusion. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

It depends on what your insurance policy covers. If storm damage is covered they should pay. But why ask us? Why didn't you call your insurance agent IMMEDIATELY after the storm to file a claim?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 2, 2008, 06:24 PM
    I don't know about your compnay but mine will not take a claim 5 months later. Did you at least report it back in January like Scott asks. The normal home owners insurance should cover the replacement but the amount will be determined by the adjuster and not necessarily the bids you get, get 3 bids.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Camper Roof Repair [ 1 Answers ]

I need tips on replacing a rubber roof on a camper. The wood is rotten and the rubber is badly cracked.

Roof repair, should I file a claim when the house is no longer mine? [ 3 Answers ]

I sold my house about a month ago. A year ago in Sept 06 there was a hail storm and the roof looked fine to us, so we didn't file a claim or anything because we thought there was no damage. We closed on our house and the new owners asked about the roof and we told them we thought it was fine,...

How to find and repair leak from roof or skylight [ 1 Answers ]

I have noticed some water streaks on the wall below one of my skylights in the ensuite. Also, there is a bit of a bulge in the drywall on this same wall. I'm not sure if it is the skylight or my cedar shake roof. How do I determine where this leak is from and how do I repair it?

Leaking Roof - Best repair option? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have (finally!) located a leak in my roof. There is a hole about 1 inch square in the tar paper underlay that sits under the tiles on my sloping roof. When it rains and is moderately windy, water is dripping through. I don't really want to get on the roof and fix it from the...

How to repair a rotted roof rafter? [ 3 Answers ]

Can a damaged roof rafter be replaced without removing roof decking and shingles?

View more questions Search