Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1750house Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2006, 01:29 PM
    Bathroom wiring
    First question was answered somewhat,here's the scenario,remodeling bathroom,ran 20 amp service,wired in fan/light .light is wired for use by itself.Fan,light in tub,shower,vanity light and three outlets [one outlet is gfci,20 amp rating. Would like to use 15 amp switch for general light,this is in fan in center of room.Also would like too use 15 amp outlets in other two locations.Is this a possibility?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2006, 01:40 PM
    Since the load on the switches cannot exceed 15 amp, then this is fine to use the 15 a switches.

Same for the 15 amp receptacles, can be used on 20 amp circuits.

Is the shower light GFI protected? Check the manufacturers instructions , may be necessary to GFI protect the shower light, seems like sound advice also, wet shower and a metal light fixture.
    1750house Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2006, 01:55 PM
    The shower light is recesed,new install with proper sealed cover,and yes this light is protected.also there was concern about being in the dark.The fan light in room ceter is on its own circuit and will not go out if gfci is tripped.thanks for saving me some,enabling me too use previosly purchased 15 amp units.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathroom wiring diagram [ 8 Answers ]

I am wiring a new basement bathroom. I have created a diagram showing how I plan to wire it. Just curious if anyone sees any problems with the way I'm doing this? Thanks and hope the attachment shows up correctly!

Another Bathroom is needed... The boys are fighting to use the bathroom [ 7 Answers ]

First, thank you for having this kind of forum. Now also let me say that I'm not well versed in the plumbing lingo so hopefully you will be patient with my questions. I live in a 3 levels home (Basement, Main, Upstairs) with the existing bathroom is on the main floor. I'm planing to add...

Bathroom light + extractor fan wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I am about to replace the light fitting in the bathroom, but the extractor fan is connected to it, there is a number of wires which are all connected, with only 2 brown wires coming down, but I have 3 connections on my new light fitting -earth, live, neutral, how do I connect it properly?...

Bathroom Wiring [ 7 Answers ]

I am in the process of putting in a full bath and had a question regarding the wiring. I ran a #12 and #14 from the breaker and intended on using the #14 for the bath fan/lights and the #12 for the GFI outlet. I want to also run the 12 gauge from this GFI to one I intend to install in the...

Bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

I have two bathrooms in my home, one has a shower and the other bathtub. The shower has been stopped up for a long time now... the water was going out slowly now it doesn't go out at all... recently the tub in the other bathroom has stopped up same thing... the water was going out slowly, and now...

View more questions Search