Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stephanie12321 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2008, 03:28 AM
    Broke up because he couldn't commit
    A guy I was dating just broke up with me after dating for only 2 months! Until Monday everything was fine! He took me out all the time, bought me an amazing birthday present, I met his family EVERYTHING! HE also said that I'm the closet match he's found and that he doesn't want to let me go. And then suddenly he told me that he's not ready to commit and that he CAN'T let go of his single life! What is that about?? ANd since then he's gone out every night like we were never together... I really don't understand why he would go through all that trouble and then just dump me like that. Any suggestions??
    thegreatestviz Posts: 70, Reputation: 2

May 1, 2008, 03:49 AM
    He doesn't want to commit u say huh?its quite possible that he might have found some other girl and wants to break up before going out.. so that u might nt get suspicious...

Other possible explanation can be that when he was single maybe he had a flirty personality and whan someone gets committed he doenst have any more scope for flirting and having fun and all.

Well the worst thing possible can be that he might be not be straight type you know...

Well none of us know him so its difficult to tell why would somebody break up just to be single..

It can be many things maybe he wants to be alone for sometimes... maybe he couldn't get more from you...

Try to find out what's on his mind by talking to him and find out does he envy you or dislike you or is he just upset..

Hope it helps
    michellet218 Posts: 51, Reputation: 0

May 1, 2008, 10:02 AM
    As soon as I read this, I began to think he may have found someone else. He was so into you, and then, out of nowhere, he dumps you? Something had to have happened in between that. It seemed like he found someone else, or already had someone else, and decided to keep that other girl and let you go because something changed. That's what I think. What you should really do is ask him in a nice and serious way what really happened... the truth. Because if he say he didn't want to commit, something else must've crossed his path that he liked. And it made him start thinking. If all of this is right, at least he had the decensy(spllng?) to tell you before he started cheating on you. So be thankful of that. Trust me, that would've hurt more if he cheated without breaking up first. But once you get an answer from him, then leave him alone. Don't make it seem like you're desperate by aggravating him or stalking him. Just be a strong woman and just let him go if he doesn't want you. I'm sure you can find someone better. You only been going together for 2 months, so it should be easier to let him go, compared to if you was dating for a few years.
    Just ask him what happened, and if there was someone else involved. Get to the bottom of it. It'll hurt more if you keep it all bottled up inside and not find out the truth.
    Peace!
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

May 1, 2008, 10:23 AM
    My impreession also. He found someone that interests him. Don't lose sleep over this guy. Yes, it hurts but you will find someone better for you.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

May 1, 2008, 02:54 PM
    Why can't what he said simply be true? He was totally into you, or at least was trying to be totally into you, then decided he preferred not being into you alone. Why can't that be the truth?

He's a guy. He's not THAT deep that there has to be some mystery or motivation behind him flaking, he could be a perfectly honest FLAKE.

Stop fretting his motivations, he told you already. The sooner you stop giving energy to the situation, the sooner you move on.

Good luck. There are lots of not-flakey guys out there.
    stephanie12321 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2008, 03:21 PM
    He guys. Thank you for your comments. I asked him if he perhaps was interested in someone else but he said no. To be honest, I don't believe him but I suppose it's a good thing that I got out now rather than later. Thanks again x
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2008, 11:57 PM
    Yep
    Your lucky you found out after only 2 months instead of finding out further down the track when you were more committed.

Look after number 1 and that's you , there are plenty of fish in the sea as they say.

Good Luck!
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2008, 08:02 AM
    Better to find out now after only a couple of months than five years and two little kids into a marriage. Chalk it up to his loss and move on with your life. In the grand scheme of things two months is nothing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

She Says she doesn't want to commit, but still wants me there as if we were. [ 5 Answers ]

First I meant she doesn't want a RELATIONSHIP, but still wants me there as if we had one... My Girlfriend and I recently split. We split because (and these are her words, not mine) one thing will happen, whether big or something really small, and she would blow up about it... so bad that she'd cuss...

Can't commit until I know for sure - [ 10 Answers ]

Hi everyone Just after a bit of advice as I know there isn't an answer :-( As with a lot of posts it is concerning a first love. I went out with her for 4 years and had a great time - Uni came and we ended up splitting up as many people do at this stage - a sad part of my life but I would...

Won't commit [ 8 Answers ]

I am 49 yrs old and widowed my new boyfriend is 44 and never married we have been seeing each other for seven months but began talking a little over a year ago one day he says things that leads me to believe he will move me to his state this is a long distance relationship and then the next it is...

My boyfriend won't commit [ 1 Answers ]

I'm in my mid twenties, my boyfriend and I have been dating for 5 years and we have been living together w/ 2 dogs for 4 1/2 years. I want him to commit and he won't. He says it scares him. I want to have kids and I want to get married now... what should I do?

Did I commit theft? [ 2 Answers ]

I walk into a store wit a buddy. We noice a lady who keeps looking at us and I tell him look undercover is looking at us because were black... he starts laughing and says lets give them something to watch.. He starts picking out clothes and puts it in his plastic bag which he placed on the floor. I...

View more questions Search