Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2008 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2008, 12:20 AM
    Homelite string trimmer
    Hey,

Please help... I have a petrol string trimmer, model homelite f2020. The problem is that in the 2 uses it has had, the string spool get jammed. i.e. I can not unscrew it to replace the string!
    It is now the second time it has happened what is going on with that, its so tight it is not possible to unscrew, we have tried many ways to unscrew it but it feels welded to the shaft!

Is there a secret to get the damn thing off, I have only just bought it and have already had to take it to a repair shop for them to break and remove the first spool and now I have replaced it with a new one, after 1 hour of working with it its jammed again, is there a problem with the machine, or me??

Please help, thanks in advance
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2008, 04:39 AM
    If the shop had to break the head to remove it, something don't sound right. If you have not had it past the return period of where you purchased it at, I think I would go back there with the thing. Watch yourself, some shops by "remanufactured" homelites and sell them saying they are "good as a brand new one". HMMP! Homelite is not that dependable anymore to start with. We usually refer to them as a box merchant disposable unit. Because by the time you have it repaired often times with the parts and labor, you can ad ten to twenty dollars and get a whole new one. Go purchase yourself a weed eater from someone like Stihl, or Echo, one of the upper end units, then perhaps you will have better success. Now don't get me wrong, I am not knocking your equipment, just trying to get you to see the "system" that they are using to hook folks on the "disposable" units.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Homelite trimmer help! [ 3 Answers ]

What is the gas to oil mixture for a 30cc homelite trimmer?

Homelite Trimmer will die out when in run [ 2 Answers ]

My homelite trimmer will start in half choke, but when set to the run position it dies out. It also sounds underpowered and takes a few seconds to get up to speed. Any ideas, I will be more than happy to take them.

Homelite dual feed trimmer string [ 1 Answers ]

What is the proper way to install/ replace string in a dual feed trimmer?

Homelite Trimmer [ 3 Answers ]

I let my neighbor borrow my weed trimmer. Now it will not feed line. I use to could bump it on ground and it would automatically feed line. Could he had taken trimmer end apart and lost something? All there is is a spring under trimmer head.

Homelite Trimmer Cord [ 2 Answers ]

I can't figure out how to remove the metal cylinder (where rod goes) so I can remove orange housing - and reach cord to replace. On top of cylinder is a piece that looks like it might have star screw down inside of it. Any help would be appreciated. Cyn

View more questions Search