Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1750house Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2006, 12:39 PM
    House wiring
    Can I use 15 amp switches and outlets with 20 amp service,will be incorporatin gfci
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2006, 12:52 PM
    Switches must be rated for the over current deive, so 20 amp circuits should have 20 amp switches.

Using 15 amp receptacles on a 20 amp circuit is fine, since a 15 amp receptcle is different than a 20 amp, you end up limiting the 20 amp circuit to 15 amp becauce only 15 amp plugs will fit into a 15 amp device.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan / house wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I'm attempting to install a ceiling fan with remote, but I'm having some problems with the house wires. House wires are: 2 white (attached to white wire of current light fixture) 2 black and 1 red wire (all attached to black wires of current light fixture) 2 copper grounds (attached to metal...

House Wiring [ 2 Answers ]

What is the aluminum gauge equivalent for #10 gauge copper?

Well to House [ 2 Answers ]

My well is about 75 yards from my house, I used 2 inch pipe to go from my well to the house, I have water pressure that will almost take the skin off your hand at the pump and outside before the house. But inside my water pressure is low, the water leaves the pump bladders I have two and goes...

Who gets the house? [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married 1 1/2 years. We bought a house in April 2004. The loan is only in my name because his credit is horrible but his name is also on the deed. He has been lying to me about large amounts of money received and spent from our joint checking account and I am thinking...

House [ 1 Answers ]

If you file for bankruptcy can you lose your home

View more questions Search