Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tyragisele Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2006, 11:26 AM
    How do/did your friends and family react to your skin lightening?
    What were their reactions to your skin lightening? Did they like it, hate it, mad at you, happy for you, etc.
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Mar 11, 2008, 05:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tyragisele
    What were their reactions to your skin lightening? Did they like it, hate it, mad at you, happy for you, etc.?
    My mom uses it and my cousin has this huge bottle of I think "clear essence" I think that is the name.

My sister asked me about how to lighten her knees and asked which product would help.

So they wouldn't have a problem if they saw me walk in a couple of shades lighter. They'd ask me what product I was using.
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Mar 11, 2008, 09:05 AM
    nikkicute,

Are you the nikki that was originally using fair and flawless and if so, Are you still using it ?
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Mar 11, 2008, 04:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MAHARANI
    nikkicute,

Are you the nikki that was originally using fair and flawless and if so, Are you stil using it ?
    The one and only!! :D
    Fair and Flawless will always be my #1 when it comes to natural skin lightening, but I have not used it in a while.

As usual I'm inconsistent when it comes to lightening. I use a cream then all of a sudden stop. Then use it when I see I am going back to my original color but this time I didn't use anything not even sunscreen.

I am now looking into other lightening products that I can switch with Fair and
    And Flawless. (I just purchased the Diana Stalder bleaching cream and papaya soap on ebay).

I remember way back when I e-mailed skincaresolutions website (aka skin lightening salon in California) to ask about how to maintain lightening or which product or ingredient works best and I remember her saying that she does a skin lightening cocktail.

Meaning she mixes different lightening ingredients together at different times so as to not let your skin get used to one product/ingredient I guess.

I likened it to when one uses shampoo or a conditioner, I think your hair gets
    Used to it so you have to switch to a different one.

If that makes sense.:confused:

I've read posts where a product seems to stop working or works to a certain extent. (even though on the Fair and Flawless website it says you can use the cream forever etc.. ) but I still would like to see how other creams work.

So far my other cream is Isomers Skin Brightening ComplexII
    (Bleach free skin brightening complex formula does not contain popular skin bleaching agents like Hydroquinone, arbutine, Kojic acid)

The lighetening ingredients in the Isomers is ablend of emblica; Licorice; Niacinamide and lipolight.

I figured I'd give this "bleach free" lightening product a try.
    I bought it on eBay but ran out just when it started working.
    I did only buy the .51oz to try it out and not a whole 1oz bottle.

So far that is my second product I will be using in my skin lightening rotation/regime. LOL!

I think I will rotate with three products.
    I hope these Diana Stalder works
    The papaya soap looks interesting, just hope it doesn't
    Sting like some members have posted.
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Mar 12, 2008, 09:28 AM
    nikkicute,

Fair & Flawless was brilliant for me too. Although I had problems with maintaining the results. I don't know if it was the different strengths she was sending me or what. I was on the custom formulation and sometimes I would get some serum that was pink, then yellow, then blue. Sometimes it would work, sometimes it wouldn't. I don't know if it was due to my skin adjusting to the ingredients and maybe I needed to alternate it with something else, but it was so fustrating, as I was spending a small fortune to get the stuff.

At the moment I am using makari, but have to be so careful to avoid getting the dreaded spots associated with this product. Had a really bad reaction the first time I used it. I never get spots, but I had a really bad breakout. I Stopped using it, but eventually went back, because it does give some lightening. I just avoid putting it on my chin and base of my nose where I had problems before. I also use a retin A product to help with overall brightening and to help combat any spots that the makari may cause.

Unfortunately, Diana Stalder never worked for me. It made my skin darken and really emphasised my dark circles. I know that other members have had good results, so I hope it works well for you. Keep us updated with your progress and Good Luck!
    Brown skin Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2008, 10:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MAHARANI
    nikkicute,

Fair & Flawless was brilliant for me too. Although I had problems with maintaining the results. I don't know if it was the different strengths she was sending me or what. I was on the custom formulation and sometimes I would get some serum that was pink, then yellow, then blue. Sometimes it would work, sometimes it wouldn't. I don't know if it was due to my skin adjusting to the ingredients and maybe I needed to alternate it with something else, but it was so fustrating, as I was spending a small fortune to get the stuff.

At the moment I am using makari, but have to be so careful to avoid getting the dreaded spots associated with this product. Had a really bad reaction the first time I used it. I never get spots, but I had a really bad breakout. I Stopped using it, but eventually went back, because it does give some lightening. I just avoid putting it on my chin and base of my nose where I had problems before. I also use a retin A product to help with overall brightening and to help combat any spots that the makari may cause.

Unfortunately, Diana Stalder never worked for me. It made my skin darken and really emphasised my dark circles. I know that other members have had good results, so I hope it works well for you. Keep us updated with your progress and Good Luck !!
    Hi, I just wanted to let you know that I have used makari lotion, I'm NOT USING IT ANYMORE. Currently I have a dark patch on my forehead. Its not to noticeable but my boyfriend notice it all the time because he is always in my face. THIS MAY BE THE REASON WHY I BROKE OUT ON MY FACE. BAD EXPERIENCE. NOT AGAIN
    Vicky_D Posts: 254, Reputation: 19

Mar 12, 2008, 05:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkicute
    The one and only!!!:D
    Fair and Flawless will always be my #1 when it comes to natural skin lightening, but I have not used it in a while.

As usual I'm inconsistent when it comes to lightening. I use a cream then all of a sudden stop. Then use it when I see I am going back to my original color but this time I didn't use anything not even sunscreen.

I am now looking into other lightening products that I can switch with Fair and
    and Flawless. (I just purchased the Diana Stalder bleaching cream and papaya soap on ebay).

I remember way back when I e-mailed skincaresolutions website (aka skin lightening salon in California) to ask about how to maintain lightening or which product or ingredient works best and I remember her saying that she does a skin lightening cocktail.

Meaning she mixes different lightening ingredients together at different times so as to not let your skin get used to one product/ingredient I guess.

I likened it to when one uses shampoo or a conditioner, I think your hair gets
    used to it so you have to switch to a different one.

If that makes sense.:confused:

I've read posts where a product seems to stop working or works to a certain extent. (even though on the Fair and Flawless website it says you can use the cream forever etc..) but I still would like to see how other creams work.

So far my other cream is Isomers Skin Brightening ComplexII
    (Bleach free skin brightening complex formula does not contain popular skin bleaching agents like Hydroquinone, arbutine, Kojic acid)

The lighetening ingredients in the Isomers is ablend of emblica; Licorice; Niacinamide and lipolight.

I figured I'd give this "bleach free" lightening product a try.
    I bought it on ebay but ran out just when it started working.
    I did only buy the .51oz to try it out and not a whole 1oz bottle.

So far that is my second product I will be using in my skin lightening rotation/regime. LOL!!

I think I will rotate with three products.
    I hope these Diana Stalder works
    The papaya soap looks interesting, just hope it doesn't
    sting like some members have posted.
    It's OK if it stings--that's just apart of the process. It's also OK if it doesn't sting. But just realize that your skin will likely get peely and dry--this is a vital part of the skin lightening or brightening process--all you need is a good moisturizer. Good luck! :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Skin Lightening [ 6 Answers ]

So, I'm African American and moved out west. My skin has gotten a good 4 (no joke) shades darker and I am wondering what kind of creams or pills actually work. Would anybody know. Also, would anybody know how long it would take for my skin to get back to its original color?

Skin lightening [ 24 Answers ]

Helpp have dark skin need to lighten it overall.. which is the best product?

DPA skin lightening? [ 9 Answers ]

http://abaco.ya.com/skindepigment/ Is it a scam?

Skin lightening [ 1 Answers ]

Is there anything like the lightening pill or bleaching cream.and is the effect permanent.

View more questions Search