Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Limolene Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2008, 07:16 PM
    [Keepitsimple Wrote: Soma which is a muscle relaxer and Neurontin which will help deaden the nerve pain. With these, you may be able to cut back on the narcotics.

I also think that Soma ( Carisoprodol ) is an excellent medication, not a controlled substance here in the US but I would think it should be Controlled. You take a few of them and you're like rubber. Soma Metabolizes into another medication Called Meprobamate which is an old drug called Miltown and that was contolled as A CIV Controlled 4 in US

Meprobamate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Carisoprodol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Another good medication used for nerve pain is Topamax and is not addictive and not controlled.

Anti-seizure medications: Relief from nerve pain - MayoClinic.com

I Hope this Info might help!
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

May 2, 2008, 08:39 PM
    Be careful with Topamax. It's been nick-named Dopamax for very good reasons. 1st hand experience with Soma, Topamax, Neurontin, Oxycontin and Percoset.
    Limolene Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2008, 10:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid
    Be careful with Topamax. It's been nick-named Dopamax for very good reasons. 1st hand experience with Soma, Topamax, Neurontin, Oxycontin and Percoset.

Why was it Called Dopamax, I was prescriped it and I don't take it now but I didn't find it to make you dopey. Please let give me more information about that! THanks
    Uber Member

May 3, 2008, 04:38 AM
    Do a Google search. Or insttance, this result:

Topamax Side Effects: Topamax? Did you mean "Dopamax"? That's what my n... : Medications.com
    jonathan_1980 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2008, 02:06 PM
    Well once again thanks to everyone for their part in helping me. I had the unfortunate luck of stolen medication. The doc warned me to make sure that they are always in a safe place because they are narcotic. I went out Saturday to get my son some baby food and when I returned they were gone. Whovever got them got about 140 pills. I just pray that they don't hurt themselves with them by overdosing or something stupid like that. I called the state police, but I had might as well been talking to myself. But once again, thanks to all. God bless you all
    Uber Member

May 5, 2008, 06:58 PM
    Next time. Make a photocopy of the prescription and/or the label and put it in your wallet if your worried about being stopped.

On your person only carry what you need or a reasonable length of time. For example I carry 6, 10 mg oxycontins (3), about 8-10 fiorinals (Aspirin, Cafeine and a barbituate sedative)(6), about 3 7.5-500 percosets(2) and about 6 Lorazepam's(2). The number in () is the max I will generally use in a day. I might use 5 oxycontin's.

Yep, I'm allowed to pick the right med for my migraines. There are a few more in my arsenal. I do store them in a tiny zip lock bag. Something like 2" x 3"

That's why the pharmacy keeps them in a safe.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long do percocet 5/325mg last in your system [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know how long do they stay in my system? Week or days??

Does Percocet plus vicodine stay in urine more than 3 days [ 12 Answers ]

Please help me out last use was Friday night and taking urine test wensday:eek:

HEAT-OFF-COOL system switch - AUTO-ON fan switch [ 1 Answers ]

From an Email: ''Dear asklabman, I am a first time house ownere & having an issue with my Honeywell T8112 Programmable Thermostat. Thermostat has two switches for the fan - AUTO FAN & FAN ON switches and three switches for thes system, COOL, HEAT & System OFF modes. Yesterday we turned ON...

HEAT-OFF-COOL system switch - AUTO-ON fan switch. [ 2 Answers ]

Dear Gurus, I am a new house owner & not used to thermostats. We have Honeywell 8112D thermostat. We recently turned ON our Fan switch (in the thermostat). Now the fan is not turning off. It is continuously running even when the system is in OFF & Fan is in AUTO mode. We tried reducing the...

Percocet in blood stream [ 3 Answers ]

Anyone here have any idea how long a percocet will stay in the blood stream? I am asking because my sister lost a baby when she was almost 6 months along. Very sad, But I think she may have been popping these pills during her pregnancy. She SAYS that her tox. Came back clean, that she had nothing...

View more questions Search