Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomandsheila958 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2008, 03:17 PM
    Problems installing netgear wireless router WNR854T using CD
    How do I install and configure my netgear wireless router without using the installation cd that came with the router? I cannot get past step 3 on the cd, it says 'restarting the network" shows the progress bar, reaches 100% then the installation hangs and freezes.
    DaBaAd Posts: 271, Reputation: 36

Apr 30, 2008, 03:19 PM
    If you haven't already done so, uninstall the software, reboot and try installing again.
    arneaux Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2008, 09:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomandsheila958
    how do i install and configure my netgear wireless router without using the installation cd that came with the router? i cannot get past step 3 on the cd, it says 'restarting the network" shows the progress bar, reaches 100% then the installation hangs and freezes.
    I am assuming you have windows 2000 or xp, shoot me if I wrong but works on either. Go to address bar in Firefox or internet explorer
    type www.routerlogon.com/basicsettings.htm

this should take you to the main page that usually comes up when you just plugin the router. From there you can run the internal wizard. Please have ready your login ID and password if you have sbc, verizon etc. for cable internet you will say no at the top when it asks you if you have to type in a logon id.

If at&t, verizon say yes and put in your... @sbcglobal.net etc. add your password, give the router a name for your network (wireless) do not leave the default as netgear, everyone knows that one)

there is a test connection on the basic settings page. Once you are up it will give you a congrats page on netgears website. Then you can setup the wireless

Hope this helps, you have a lot of variables. PS if you have dsl extreme for instance, you would also answer no to the "do you have to type a login..."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Netgear Wireless Router will not install [ 1 Answers ]

Tried installing NetGear for wireless from CD. Installation locked up (computer did not) at step 3 (Activate Network). Have tried to install .several times. Turned off firewall, no joy. Installation will not proceed passed the Activate Network step even after allowing computer to run all night....

Netgear mr814 wireless router [ 1 Answers ]

I have set up my wireless router, and I cannot see it on the connections screen for my wireless laptop... I see plenty of other wireless routers, just not mine. Please help.

Laptop can't see Netgear wireless router in same room [ 3 Answers ]

I am getting excellent wireless connectivity between (XP Home) laptop and Netgear Router/modem (connected by ethernet cable to my (XP Pro) PC) between 2 floors, but have another laptop (XP Home) in same room as router, which doesn't see router/network, etc. This laptop has an Intel Pro wireless...

Use my NETGEAR WGR614 v5 Wireless router as a WAP? [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, so everyone said this would be easy. The kid at (insert popular electronics store here) said it would be no problem to use my already owned/unused router to set up a WAP that will connect with the other router in the house, so I can 1: hook my vonage device into my router, and 2:...

Reconfigure netgear router [ 2 Answers ]

How do I reconfigure my netgear WGR614v2 to use a different gateway address than 192.168.0.1 ?

View more questions Search