Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GorgeousAmber Posts: 51, Reputation: 2

Apr 30, 2008, 12:58 PM
    Rumours being spread.
    Okay, so here's the thing, My exfriend has been spreading these retarded rumours about me, and I'm only in 9th grade in high school, these rumours are going to follow me, basically everyone has heard about it "words travels fast" she's been saying like I'm pregnant and that I cheated on my boyfriend, and my boyfriend and I have been together for quite a while so everyone probably thinks I'm a whore, I finally went to the office today, but I doubt they'll do anything, What should I do, These rumours have gotten so bad I want to leave my school, I tried ignoring them but all she did was just start a new one.. and now she's trying to make me lose friends which gets me quite pissed off..
    Any ideas?
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2008, 01:11 PM
    It's going to take all your strength but the only way to deal with rumours is to behave like you don't care. You could start some yourself, over exaggerated of course. They do say the best roomers are the ones we start ourselves. Try it. Find the one person who likes to spread stuff, tell them some really way out stuff and ask them to keep it to themselves. They will get mix in with the other rumours, some people will begin to doubt them and before you know where you are the rumours will fade. Power and strength to you. It's true what they say, if you can't beat them join them. I would. But don’t start rumours about other people, they just come back to bite you on the bum.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 30, 2008, 01:47 PM
    Well when you don't have a baby in 9 months I guess they will know that was a lie and figure the rest is also.
    The thing about high school, there is all sorts of lies, rumors and stories, I often wonder how any of us survived it.

But the really silly thing, when you are 25 or at least 30, you won't even remember their names without getting your year book out normally.

Apr 30, 2008, 03:50 PM
    Thanks a lot for answering this question, both very good answers, and it means a lot <3

Apr 30, 2008, 04:07 PM
    Soo Anyone of any ideas of rumours to spreaddd?
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2008, 06:01 PM
    lol! Tell someone you are going to have a boob job or that you are going to shave all your hair off, something that won't happen and cause everyone to wonder what the hell is going on with all these rumours. You need to be very subtle when telling someone what you want spread, just make out like you're half joking. Don’t tell anyone else what you are up to, it might get out. And don’t go too mad, just spread one or two at a time and watch for everyone looking at you and wondering - it beats being ignored. Just look your prettiest and remember to wear a smile to give the impression that you are an innocent and have no idea what all the fuss is about. And if someone bring something up to you look surprised and say, “First I’ve heard of it. Wow! This place is getting worse for rumours.” You can always say too, “I don’t mind them talking about me. While they’re talking about me, they’re leaving some other poor girl alone.” …….. Hope that helps a bit. lol
    900295 Posts: 74, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2008, 09:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bluerose
    You can always say too, “I don’t mind them talking about me. While they’re talking about me, they’re leaving some other poor girl alone.”
    Hahahaha. Makes it seem like you're the angel :D
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2008, 11:42 AM
    And it works. Lol

May 7, 2008, 03:02 AM
    Lmao, I am an angel, shhh =P
    mexicana12 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2008, 08:52 AM
    You should just ignore what all your exfriends say about you. Maybe their just hating on you. Just don't show you care about what they say about you. You know what they always say: "what comes around goes around" and f*** it let them talk the ones that look more dumb and stupid are them not you
    I hope that I helped you a little
    Good Luck in your freshman year (Im a Jr. in high school)
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

May 7, 2008, 09:12 AM
    When someone mentions they heard that you're pregnant, you should say "Oh my god! Whose the mother?!" or something like that.

People like to start rumors in high school... it's stupid. But that's what happens. Don't take it too seriously... anyone who actually believes everything she says will learn pretty quickly that not everyone is very truthful.
    sallyasdf Posts: 39, Reputation: 4

May 7, 2008, 06:28 PM
    Sad to say, there is no true way to stop these things, but you have to do your best to ignore them. Rember, your not the only one dealing with this, your boyfriend is to, so there is a little inspiration for you. You two will deal with this together, and when they see that your belly isn't growing, there is one rumor that is going to go, just like that! New drama comes, it won't be only you. Soon everybody will have forgotton about all of this stuff and have moved onto the next big thing. Best of luck to you!!
    amberlynn Posts: 47, Reputation: -1
    -

May 15, 2008, 05:55 PM
    You're situation is IDENTICAL to mine

Identical.

I'm also a freshman
    And these rumors happened like 3 months ago
    But I'm past it.
    The only thing you can do is deny them,
    And wait it out.

Rumors can only go so far.
    Before they die out

OR

You beat the b!tch with the biggest mouth.
    That's what I was told to do.
    I confronted her, and she was SOOO scared of me.

Then it ALL stopped.
    And things are back to normal.

May 16, 2008, 04:55 AM
    Mexicana2, thanks a lot, you did help a lot.. what grade you in , in high school? :D

May 16, 2008, 04:57 AM
    Thanks a lot <3 and sorry about the one above, it was for a different question that was asked..
    Sonador101 Posts: 298, Reputation: 14

May 19, 2008, 04:05 PM
    Go up to her and say "look we arn't friends anymore, and thats it! so if you don't tell the whole school you lied I WILL! and just to top it off i'll spread some rumors about you!" then get your boyfriend to tell everyone you did not cheat on them. You have to go forward. But focuss on school,and don't let the rumors bother you.
    Once the same thing happened to me, me and my friend were walking her dog, and my friend picked up a baby duck to keep, I told I was going to leave if she didn't put it away and she refused. So I told the dog to stay ( we were half a mile away from ANY road.) and put the elash down. She got mad at me saying I was trying to kill her dog, cause it could've got in the road even though I tolf it to stay and made sure it was safe.
    And when she told the school lies I told them calmy it wasn't true, they were skeptical ifirst but hey it worked! Give it a try

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oracle Vs spread sheet [ 2 Answers ]

What is difference between oracle and spread sheet?

Rumours why? [ 5 Answers ]

I began working at my current job 3 years ago. I have learned so many new (untrue) things about myself. These people have started sooo many rumours about me it is unreal. Now this is a restaurant with many different age groups. I am nice to all of them and friends with pretty much everyone there,...

Spread some reputation [ 3 Answers ]

Ok' I'm new to this site. Will some one explain the phrase "spread some reputation around"? Thanks, Prairie Son:confused:

View more questions Search