Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mommymd04 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2008, 10:38 AM
    How do I fix a whirlpool washer that will spin but not agitate?
    I have a Whirlpool washer about 9-10 years old that will spin in the spin cycle, but will not agitate in the wash cycle. I was told it was probably doggetts and would like to know how to fix it myself.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2008, 03:36 PM
    Remove the fabric dispenser, and you should see a cap with a bowtie type handle. Remove it and there will be a 7/16 bolt. You will need a long extension on your socket to remove it. After it is removed pull the agitator up and out. Now separate the agitator and remove the cam (dog) assembly and replace with new assembly. Cost is less than $12.00 and about 20 minutes time. Easy to do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool washer won't agitate or spin [ 6 Answers ]

This machine is probably about 10 years old. It is a direct drive. The washer will fill and drain but when it tries to agitate or spin I hear a grinding and clicking sound coming from the bottom of the washer. I cannot turn the agitator by hand. Would this be a problem with the motor, or...

Whirlpool washer will not agitate or spin [ 3 Answers ]

I have a top load Whirlpool washer that will fill but not agitate or spin. It also gives a ticking sound and a slight "electrical burning" smell. Any ideas?

Whirlpool washer won't spin or agitate [ 1 Answers ]

Whirlpool top-load washer won't spin or agitate, it makes an awful sound but doen't do anything. It does fill and drain.

Whirlpool washer - will not agitate, drain or spin. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool top loading washer that has these symptoms... Fills with water, does not agitate, does not drain, does not spin. The motor hums loudly, but no mechanical activity. The "wig-wag" was replaced several years ago. Model: LA5580XK

Whirlpool washer will not agitate but will spin and drain [ 3 Answers ]

Model# LA5530XSW2 My washer will fill up but will not agitate, you can hear a humming noise and can smell something. It will drain & spin just not agitate. Please help me how to resolve this problem. Thank you

View more questions Search