Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bettygary2204 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2008, 04:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1
    That is exactly where I was going with my first post. Once the locations of each fixture is put down in a diagram the plumbers here can do the rough in. they can then also help with the install or I could too. Refine your new design and I'll give the plumbers a heads up for rough in drawings.

We will do that this weekend and I will get back later this weekend of first thing Monday...
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 3, 2008, 10:17 AM
    Since we are up to 21 post with this question you might start a new thread regarding rough ins when you come back. A new thread will attract more attention.

May 5, 2008, 07:00 AM
    I am so sorry, I am very new at this and was not sure what you meant about starting a new thread, or how to do it. I am going to try and give you more specific details about the project. What we have is a 14x24 cabin. As you walk into the front door the bathroom area is in the back left hand corner. If you are looking at that area the measurement of the corner wall is 44" from the corner to the edge of the window where the wall will go. My husband figured 41" inside allowing for 2x4 etc to attach the shower to. Going back to that same corner and measuring to the other wall is 67", and coming back up for the other side wall, of course 41" We were thinking the 32"shower in the far left hand corner, and the commode next to it on the 67" wall, and a pedestal sink right across from the commode. I measured the pedestal sink we want to get and it is 14" in length and 17"wide. The commode measures 18" wide and 25" in length. We will put the door on the outside wall and open out into the room. I hope I have cleared this up enough, if not I will try and do whatever I can. Again thank you sooooo much for your help. We are so anxious to get this done, we have been working on it for months now and are ready to get the bath in, and then a small kitchenette in on the opposite side from the bathroom, so that we can enjoy our property on the weekends instead of working every weekend. Thanks again!

May 5, 2008, 08:00 AM
    Hey Betty, when I said a new thread I was talking about not continuing to attach new questions and answers to this current document. After you have your measure ments you can make a drawing, scan it and attach. I appreciate the detail of your verbal description but a picture will be worth a thousand words. A new post will attract the attention of the plumber who might skip over an old post with 24 responses. Thanks,
    Bob

May 5, 2008, 09:23 AM
    I just found out that a co-worker can scan my drawing and give it to me on a stick ; do I then just email it to you here? I am so sorry to be so dumb about all this...

May 5, 2008, 11:57 AM
    Bob, I have the drawing and have it scanned where I can email it to you. What do I do now... Sorry to be so computer illiterate

May 5, 2008, 01:46 PM
    I am not sure if I have this attached or not, do I?
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf Cabin.pdf (74.7 KB, 215 views)

May 5, 2008, 01:54 PM
    Great job with the scan. You might consider this shower pan for the corner. Swanstone Neo Angle Shower Floors I think someone else also suggested it. Mark or Speedball may help you lay out the rough in. I think Mark (massplumber) has been on this post earlier.
    rtw_travel Posts: 347, Reputation: 36

May 5, 2008, 01:56 PM
    Yes, that works.

Before we bring the plumbers over, I think you need to redraw your diagram and make sure it is to scale. I think you'll find that the toilet and sink are too close to each other. (i.e. the sink is in your lap when you are sitting on the toilet).

I also think you do not have enough room to get into the shower - you'll either have to step around the toilet, or squeeze in between the wall and the shower to get in. A neo-angle shower would solve this problem as I drew in the previous drawing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing a tub/shower in a preexisting shower only [ 2 Answers ]

I'm having trouble installing a tub 60 inches in a 60 inch in length space. Is there a trick to getting it in this space? Thank you mike also it is extra deep tub does this make a difference??

Installing hand-held shower on fiberglass shower [ 2 Answers ]

I am installing onto a fiberglass shower a rain fall shower system that has a separate hand-held shower head. The two options to install are using a suction bracket or using the bracket with a screw. Can I drill into the fiberglass to use an anchor and screw? Thanks very much. Cheryl

Installing sink strainer [ 1 Answers ]

I have replaced the sink strainer on the kitchen sink and used plumbers putty. But the putty keeps oozing out whenever there is hot water in the sink, which causes the drain to loosen and leak. What am I doing wrong?

Installing a kitchen sink [ 2 Answers ]

I am installing a kitchen sink and the plumbing is leaking. I have tightened everything. It is leaking at the tail piece that comes directly out of the sink

View more questions Search