Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    actlikemywife Posts: 12, Reputation: 6

Apr 30, 2008, 07:11 AM
    How to let go?
    Breaking up with someone who you love, but know is wrong for you is very devastating. I need to let go but don't know how. I try to improve my life a little every day by doing something for myself. I try to surround myself with positive people, but it still hurts when I am alone. I feel like I don't know truth from reality and I am scared of people now, like no one really cares. How do you let go?
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2008, 07:13 AM
    Find a support group. Either through a local church or other organizations that can help you deal with the grief.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 3, 2008, 06:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by actlikemywife
    Breaking up with someone who you love, but know is wrong for you is very devastating. I need to let go but dont know how. I try to improve my life a little every day by doing something for myself. I try to surround myself with positive people, but it still hurts when I am alone. I feel like I dont know truth from reality and I am scared of people now, like no one really cares. How do you let go?

It's grief, pure and simple, and you have to go through the steps and only time can help. Sometimes support groups are helpful; sometimes all the "you think you had it bad, I had it worse" can be destructive.

Time. And maybe you'll never let go but it will get easier. It's loss, it's like death but worse because the other person has a new life... without you.

Lots of back and forth about the stages of grief but they are (in theory):

Denial (this isn't happening to me!)
    Anger (why is this happening to me?)
    Bargaining (I promise I'll be a better person if... )
    Depression (I don't care anymore)
    Acceptance (I'm ready for whatever comes)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search