Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dkbrkl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2008, 04:49 AM
    Sharing in VLAN
    My computer is in a VLAN. I want to view other computers of other VLAN as the VLAN is protected. Can I see the VLAN by passing the VLAN Protection?
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Apr 30, 2008, 09:11 AM
    One way to achieve this is by inter-VLAN routing. Cisco has an article Configuring InterVLAN Routing discussing the concepts involved or Google for "intervlan routing." Your switch and/or router vendor also probably has a technical note specific to their equipment.
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

May 2, 2008, 06:41 AM
    To make things harder, the command structure can be different from one series model to another even within the same manufacturer. You will need to review CLI reference for your specific model.

Depending on what you are trying to achieve, you may want to set up a port as the monitoring port. This would be the designated port that network monitoring equipment such as a protocol analyzer would be used.
    artesantosh Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Dec 8, 2008, 06:03 AM

You Reqire Layer 3 switch for inter valn routing
    Aley Rizvi Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2009, 12:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by artesantosh View Post
    You Reqire Layer 3 switch for inter valn routing

Or you can use a router with Layer 2 Switches

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sharing rooms [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I would like to know if anyone can tell me what the age a brother and sister can share a room for I have a little boy who is nearly four and a girl that is 4 weeks I live in a two bedroom house and I know I won't be putting my daughter ina room yet but I would like to know what the age limit

Inter vlan in using layer3 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi , I want to know how to inter velan in cisco layer 3 switch with out using router But I have same network in all vlan it in DHCP .SO PLESE TELE ME HOW I CONFIGER NUTAN MOHANTY

Inter Vlan Using Layer 3 Switch [ 1 Answers ]

I am a network administrator, I have a three Cisco layer2 switches and 2 vlan assigned in the switches I use to inter vlan between them using my firewall but now I have a new layer 3 foundry switch and I have to use it to inter VLAN between the vlan in the other cisco switches, I was searching in...

Video sharing [ 1 Answers ]

Are there any websites that share videos that are more popular or better than 'youtube'?

Internet Sharing Q [ 3 Answers ]

Me again. So many questions, so little time :P Anyway. Here's my existing setup. We have a network in our place. 2 PC's directly connected to a router, three connected to a switch upstairs. We use this tp access the internet. And all that works fine. But my girlfriend is often using her...

View more questions Search