Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BR Parajui Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2008, 03:12 AM
    Primary data collection on social research?
    How do we can collect primary data on social research?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 30, 2008, 03:17 AM
    By asking people focused questions.
    ESL Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

May 18, 2008, 02:00 PM
    You first need a research question. What are you trying to discover and explain?
    You then need a theoretical framework and a research design to answer your question, and then collect data that could help you to analyze and answer your question.
    Data collection could depend upon your research design. Some research designs could include survey research, review of newspaper articles, and/or review of other cases that studied the same subject.
    frangipanis Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2008, 11:44 PM
    Just to clarify the difference between primary and secondary research:

primary data is freshly collected information gathered through questionnaires or focus groups that include questions designed to answer a specific question.

secondary research relies on information already available through secondary sources such as newspapers, previous research carried out, etc. that also help to answer the question (perhaps the same question if it's been asked before).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Data entry or data processing from home. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello from Florida, My name is Don and I am looking for a free data entry from home website that I can find. It is not easy to find! Please help!

Collection on my social security income [ 2 Answers ]

I have been in debt to credit card,banks due to loss of my job,poor investment.I do not have any income other than my social security.I have been.There is a collection agency on the record.No judgement yet.What can they do?If there is a judgement,what does that mean?Grateful,for your help.pasargade

View more questions Search