Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heatherrdh1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2008, 08:31 PM
    Tiny worms in the couch
    My husband and I have an old couch of my parents. We put couch covers on them and things have been fine until I found tiny tiny 3 mm long worms under the couch cushions! :eek: They are about as skinny as a fine hair and there were hundreds of them crawling around on the couch cover--not on the actual couch--just on the cover. What are they? Where did they come from? And what do we do?:confused:
    We have 2 cats, I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. :o
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 29, 2008, 09:03 PM
    Could be that your cats have worms. I had a cat with worms once, it was horrible, it looked like someone had poured a bag of rice wherever he slept. I take your cats to the vet, they will be able to give you more accurate info. If it isn't the cats then I have no idea what it could be.
    Icesss Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2009, 08:06 PM
    I have them too and don't know WHAT to do!! They are about the size of a pinhead and some a bit bigger. They are reddish brown and look like worms. If you find out the answer to this problem, the solution, please let me know.. I just bought this couch, so I really don't want to throw it out!
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Sep 30, 2009, 02:51 AM
    Heatherrdh, Altenweg may have hit the nail on the head. Ask the vet about whipworms specifically. Since they're on the slipcover and not the couch itself, I have to ask what the couch is upholstered in. Vinyl or leather would keep fabric pests, such as the carpet beetle species, up on top where they could be visible. "Hundreds" doesn't sound like beetles. I think your first step is the vet.

Icess, do not post your e-mail address on these forums, for your own safety. If a member wishes to e-mail you, we can do it through the website. Your bugs do sound like carpet beetles, and ballie posted a very informative link. Check it out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Couch bugs? [ 9 Answers ]

When I sit on my couch I feel like I am being bit by tiny bugs....not bed bugs.... i will feel it on my skin, but there is nothing there. What can it be and how do i get rid of it?:eek:

The worms turn, but that [ 6 Answers ]

“As Super Tuesday looms - and the possibility that McCain could all but wrap up the nomination - the chattering conservative class is in an uproar. Talk show host Rush Limbaugh has warned that McCain as standard-bearer would destroy the Republican Party. Author and pundit Ann Coulter, in...

Web worms (bag worms) everywhere [ 3 Answers ]

My neighbor's tree is full of web worms, I think they are also called bag worms. These fuzzy little worms, they're caterpillars really, drop onto my deck and are eating everything in sight. They don't make the web-like encasements, but they are killing my potted plants; mandevilla, vinca, mint,...

Tiny tiny bumps [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, I am a virgin and have never done anything more than kissing.. I am only 15. I have kissed a person who is sexually active which is why I am worrying about this so much, that's was five months ago I would say. I was just browsing YouTube and stumbled across a herpes film. I got worried...

Bugs in the couch [ 6 Answers ]

:o Hello, Recently I have found an infestation of bugs that I can not identify. They are living in my couch. They are brown or dark brown kind of reddish brown for some. They look like giant mites or a cross between a flea, a tick and a those spiders with huge abdomans and all...

View more questions Search