Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katiekruschek Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2008, 08:24 PM
    Transferring probation to attend college
    My boyfriend is being released from the Clark County Detention Center in Nevada next Monday, the 5th of May. Before he was taken into custody, but while he was out on bail, he attended a semester of college at North Dakota State University in Fargo, ND, and wants to go back to finish school. If he were to get a part time job, live in the dorms, and attend school, would his request to transfer his probation be approved?

The offense involved alcohol and was really a matter of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. He is an excellent student and has the family support to afford college. He was originally supposed to serve 6 months of a Boot Camp program, but wasn't accepted due to not enough room at the facility, and is now being released on a plea bargain.

If he does get the transfer, will he be able to go back to Vegas for holidays and summers? Or would that have to involve a transfer back to the "sending" state as well?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 29, 2008, 08:35 PM
    No they will not keep "transfering him back and forth"

Yes most liekly they will but he will have to request it, and both states will have to agree. ( it will not be a overnight answer) Once it is approved he will have to go and report to the new state.
    After he is in the new state, he will have to get permission from his PO there to tavel back to Nevada. Which again should not be a issue if he is not doing anything wrong.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

On probation as of feb 1st I have question,can I leave state for a college visit ? [ 7 Answers ]

:confused: HELP!! OK I've been placed on probation for the next 3 yrs of my life.this is my first offense.I'm 21.I am scheduled to go to Arizona in march for 3 days for college campus visits.I live in ny.What are my chances of getting to leave state?My probation officer said "it's going to be...

Transferring felony probation [ 2 Answers ]

As a new probationer I was trying to find out if I can transfer 4 years adjudicated probation from Texas to Florida. My charge was possession with intent to deliver between four to two hundred grams(class A felony). Does anyone know the likelihood of me being a first time offender being able to...

Transferring probation [ 1 Answers ]

Who has to give the OK for probation to be transferred to another state. My son lived in Kentucky, but committed a crime in Indiana. Does the probation department where he committed the crime make the decession or Indianapolis or who?

Transferring My Probation [ 2 Answers ]

Can I transfer my probation to another state?

View more questions Search