Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eruditemargaret9 Posts: 32, Reputation: 3

Apr 29, 2008, 08:11 PM
    After submitting resume.
    I've submitted my resume to countless employers that say "thank you for your interest, we will contact you within the next two weeks if we want to schedule an interview" etc. while I am waiting and not hearing from them is it okay to check in just to let them know I am very interested?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 29, 2008, 08:49 PM
    I first care little about what is "expected" sometimes depending on the job, being aggressive, standing out gets you a job.

I used to do everything I was told not to do, and guess what I had better luck than average.
    I make my resume into a 5 X 8 book form Now with that I was applying for jobs that required you to be creatitive and think outside of the box.

I would call them and let them know it was coming, call to see if they got it, and then call about a week latter to see if I could schedle time to come in. Also I would see if I knew anyone there, and try and see if they could say a good word.

Ok if you are trying for the fry cook job at Wend's, maybe not what you need to do, and maybe not what IBM would do, but then it was me and who I was,

In today's job market you have to stand out ( maybe not as much as I did) but you need to go after it and sell yourself
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2008, 10:43 PM
    It's true that you really do need to sell yourself. When applying for jobs, it's a good idea to do some research on a company and mention some things that you know about them in your cover letter. Also, it's a good idea to send hand-written thank you cards after an interview and also follow-up calls after submitting information and/or after interviews.
    eruditemargaret9 Posts: 32, Reputation: 3

Apr 30, 2008, 09:51 AM
    Thank you. Yes, I always send thank you letters after interviews but my question is about the before part of the interview since that's where I'm puzzled. So, I guess it's okay to be persistent? When I'm told to wait for an interview I just want to call and check in during the meantime athough some job postings say 'no phone calls please' and I don't want to be seen as pushy or obnoxious...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Universities offering Degrees by merely submitting a resume to them. [ 6 Answers ]

My Husband was invited to submit his resume to Belford University USA on line to them and if after examination by them, he qualified from a Major of his chioce and after a payment of $449 they would issue to him a Bachelors Degree in that Major. He would receive this together with other Documents...

Submitting story [ 1 Answers ]

I don't know if I am in the right place for this question But I am in the middle of writing a story and so far I think it is good and want to know if it is good enough to get published and for people to buy it but I don't know what to do. Who do I send it to? What do I do? Can you please help

Submitting a copy of my W-2 with my taxes [ 1 Answers ]

I received my W-2 and made copies, then had a little mishap with some coffee and the original W-2. Is it acceptable to file my tax return with the copy instead of the original or do I have to request a new W-2?

Reason you are submitting Form W-7 [ 1 Answers ]

Experts, I am holding L1 visa and my spouse is holding L2 visa and she is not working. I am filing my Tax return under option 'Married filing jointly'. I came in USA in Jan 2007 and my spouse in Apr 2007 and we are here since then. So my question is; In w7 which option I have to select for...

View more questions Search