Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kalamata1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2008, 07:10 PM
    Hi. I have a prior dui in New York and received a dwi in suffolk county about a year later. I'm currently on 3 years probation. What are the requirements of early dismissal from probation.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 29, 2008, 07:56 PM
    Not still drinking? Well I moved your post, first you posted it as a answer to someone else's question in small claims.
    Next it was posted in the small claims not the criminal law section.

So I have moved it to a post by itself, and to the correct section, so you can get answers.

Normally they will not let a second DUI off for early probation, not polictially correct and not good for elected judges or DA's

But you would have had to do all of your requirements for any classes or payments, and request it though your probation officer
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2008, 02:47 PM
    Chances don't look good for a second DUI being left off probation early. Do everything they require you to do and then wait at least 2 years before requesting anything.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2008, 03:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kalamata1
    hi. i have a prior dui in new york and received a dwi in suffolk county about a year later. im currently on 3 years probation. what are the requirements of early dismissal from probation.

I am also in NYS and I know the policy "here" is no early dismissal from probation for DUI or DWI - not the first, not the second, not the third. DA is really tough. Well, the third wouldn't matter because you'd be in jail.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search