Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dpatching Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2008, 06:41 PM
    Changing hair color from red tone to ash tone
    I used Feria Hair color Crushed Garnet to color my hair over the winter. It was a really nice shade, had lots of compliments. I want to change for the summer to Natural Hair Colour 51/2C ash brown. Will the red pigment cause any problems changing to an ash tone? My natural hair color is brunette with both blonde and red highlights.
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2012, 03:22 PM
    There are a few suggestions from similar questions:

PrettyLady:
    Sweetie, keep in mind that dark hair contains a lot of red pigment in it. And if you apply a lighter hair color on dark hair, it will pull red tones. To go from red to blonde, you will need to pre-lighten your hair to a yellow stage and then apply the selected color.
    - source.

Stephieee:
    There is a product called red/gold corrector you can buy in beauty supply stores. I forget who makes it, but you would find it with the hair color. It is purple liquid and would come in a little dropper bottle. Next time you color, mix a few drops of it in with the color.
    - source

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I tone down or remove a semi permanent red hair dye over bleach blonde hair? [ 3 Answers ]

I am at my wits end! I had my hair professionally frosted about two months ago. I like the blonde, with my dark hair roots, but I wanted to add some red low lights with the blonde streaking throughout. However, I did not get the results I wanted. Now I have dark roots, and a multi blonde/red...

Take red tone out of hair colour [ 4 Answers ]

I currently used a loreal product to highlight my hair. I was trying to go blonde, but the colour turned out brassy or reddy. How can I correct the colour to get rid of the red tone and get a blonde colour

Will brown hair dye take a redish tone out? [ 2 Answers ]

I have redish mixed with blonde highlights right now. Can Brown hair dye take that out or do you think I would have to bleach it? Here's a picture to help picture what color my hair is. Image - TinyPic - Share the Experience!™

Changing hair color [ 1 Answers ]

I've dyed my hair black and I naturally have brown hair, how can I get back to brown hair without messing up my hair color with the black dye.

Color changes in skin tone [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference in skin color between the palms of hands and lips;what is the difference in the skin color between the genitals and the soles of the feet;what is the difference in the skin color and thickness in the palms of the hand of a person who does heavy manual labor and one who does...

View more questions Search