Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    acicomp Posts: 81, Reputation: 9

Apr 29, 2008, 05:22 PM
    14.5 B&S I/C Won't Start (Sort Of)
    I have a 14.5 B and S I/C motor (MOdel 287707). It worked the other day. Dies while running. I changed the filter and hoses. Engine turns, I have spark and compression. If I prime the carb with gas, it works temporarily until the prime is gone. New gas in the tank...

Any quick suggestions?

Thanks
    Chris
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2008, 04:49 PM
    Check to see if the primer bulb is damaged. Also check the air filter.
    acicomp Posts: 81, Reputation: 9

Apr 30, 2008, 05:28 PM
    Well, it works now. After changing the filter and lines the other day, I must have fouled the plug somehow. I pulled the plug last night and cleaned it. Too dark to test. Tried this morning again and knew it was firing again. Suddenly, I decided to prime it one more time. Fired and ran a minute and died again. Primed it again and it works fine now. I wonder now if something may have been clogged in the float chamber and broke loose when it was vibrating from running and caused it to start taking gas again from the tank.

Thanks
    Chris

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need some sort of explanation. [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to get some input on what is going on here, as the more it happens, the more I am interested in the paranormal and such. The most striking thing that has happened is that while I was in the Memphis Job Corps Center in '99, I gave my camera to a friend to take a picture of me and...

Sort of a poem! [ 14 Answers ]

In each raindrop, From the heavens Every blade of grass, That sprouts from the earth. The beat of wings rising towards the skies. Have each a story of its own. A lullaby for the soul, But only for ones who love the earth, With all their...

Projectile (sort of) [ 1 Answers ]

a test rocket is fired vertically from a well. A catapult gives it initially velocity 80.0 m/s at ground level. Its engines then fires and it accelerates upwards at 4.00m/s ^2 until it reaches 1000m. At this point its engines fail and the rocket goes into free fall with an acceleration of -9.80m/s...

How to sort it?Please help! [ 1 Answers ]

ok heres the low down,im 14 btw just get to know me a bit he he.. been going out with my gf (charlotte) for 8 months now i really really love her might think its puppy love but she kinda my first ...not going to go into detal about what we do. :D we wernt excaclly m8 befour we went out coz we...

View more questions Search