Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dacuhna Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2008, 04:11 PM
    Copper pipe sizing
    Iam installing a new shower, I have 3/4" pipe thru to the temp control valve, which is 3/4" in 3/4" out to 3 on/off 3/4 " valves, 1 for rain head, 1 for hand held, and 1 for 3 body sprays. Question should I run 3/4" pipe to each ? as they are 1/2" fittings.
    My thought was to run the 3/4" to only the point where the 'balance ring' for the body sprays attaches and 1/2" the rest.
    TobyG Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2008, 04:21 PM
    I would run 3/4 " pipe to everything but until it leaves the control valve use only 1/2"... come out of the control valve with 3/4" and reduce it to 1/2"
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2008, 04:28 PM
    BTW, that copper stuff you call pipe is "rigid copper tubing"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Copper pipe to iron pipe [ 2 Answers ]

How would you connect a 1/2" copper pipe to a 1/2" galvanized iron pipe that has been cut and has no threads? Do I need to re-thread the iron pipe, screw on a brass attachement and solder the other end to the copper? If so, what is the name of the tool use to re-thread the iron?

Pipe sizing [ 3 Answers ]

I, would like to calculate waterflow through various pipe sizes at a certain pressure. Is there a formula or can you help me with a table?

Pipe sizing [ 2 Answers ]

Hello there I have a unit to install the run is about ten feet long from evaporator to condenser how can I size the pipe

Sizing pipe for natural gas and fan runs continuously [ 2 Answers ]

Folks, I've got a couple of question concerning a Goodman Furnace GPG13: 1. This furnace is rated at 138,000 BTU. My gas meter is a 2 pound system. The furnace is about 20 feet away from the meter. Currently I've got 1/2" pipe connected to it. Is this right? Or should I use 3/4" pipe? How do...

A/C not cooling, Small Copper pipe COLD and Large Copper pipe room temp. [ 4 Answers ]

I just moved into a newly constructed townhome and the a/c units are of course new. The A/c is not cooling at all. The machine inside turns on as well as the one outside. The inside A/C makes a strange sucking sound kind of like if you were sipping something out of a cup with a straw and you ran...

View more questions Search