Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msufan1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2008, 01:19 PM
    My kids aren't invited
    My husband's cousin is getting married this summer in NC (which is a 9 1/2 hour drive from our town). My husband is a groomsmen and the groom has informed us that we'll have to find arrangements for our children during the reception because it's a sit down dinner. What kind of arrangements does he expect us to make? I know exactly one person that lives in NC and he's it. All of our family will be there and we really want to go share in his special day, but shouldn't they make the arrangements for out-of-town family's children (one is 8 and the other is 4 and there are children in the wedding)?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2008, 02:04 PM
    Ask him what kind of arrangemens he has in mind for your children during the dinner. If he cannot come up with any suitable arrangements for you I would suggest you leave your children at home and go by yourselves to this wedding.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Apr 29, 2008, 02:08 PM
    It really is up to the bride & groom to determine whether they want children at the reception or not. It's their party, so don't sulk too much about it. I would suggest a couple of things:

1. Ask your husband's cousin whether he or any of his friends know of local baby sitters whom they could recommend. Perhaps there are relatives on the bride's side who have children of their own and so know local sitters. When my daughter got married last year we did not invite little children to the reception, but we did provide guests who asked with names of local sitters whose families we knew.

2. Ask at the hotel where you will be staying whether they can recommend a baby sitter. My wife and I did this when her brother got married in San Francisco - we arranged for a baby sitter for our two young children to stay with them in the hotel room. It was pricey, but convenient.

3. Third alternative is to leave the kids home - perhaps with a relative of yours? Wouldn't it be a nice vacation for you and your husband to have a couple of days on your own?
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2008, 02:40 PM
    One last option. Send your husband to the wedding and you stay home with the kids.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 29, 2008, 02:54 PM
    Well I am always the loan wolf on these stand. But weddings are family events and I have always refused to go to events when family was not welcome.

Next they should have informed you at the very beginning not after plans were made.

I am sorry but if it was me>>>> if my kids can't go, I would not go.
    hermione Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2008, 08:26 AM
    Since your husband is a groomsmen, bring the kids to the ceremony, and then maybe alternate at the hotel. Your husband could be there for the 1st half and make a toast or whatever duties he would have and then come back and give you a chance to go and send your wishes to the bride and groom. If that would not be feesible, maybe one of the relatives has a teenager that really does not want to go and for a reasonable fee would be willing to hang out ny the pool, and play with the kids?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not Invited [ 9 Answers ]

My Niece is getting married and I was not invited to the Wedding however I would like to attend the Church ceremony, My Question is this can I attend the ceremony and not get thrown out of the Church buy the Priest and or his helpers ? :confused: :confused:

Not invited to shower [ 8 Answers ]

My husband's best friend who was the best man in our wedding is expecting a baby. His wife, Amanda, is having a baby shower, and I found out I wasn't invited. Amanda and I have never been close as she has been very closed off and close only to her small circle of friends. Should I be upset I wasn't...

Invited to Shower, not Wedding [ 7 Answers ]

HI.. My nephew is getting married soon, and unfortunately a lot of people are feeling hurt by the choices that are being made. The bride is planning on inviting people to a shower but not to the wedding. Does this seem odd to anyone else? I love my nephew very much and want them to be very happy,...

Homeless invited guest becomes criminal [ 4 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, Dazed and confused here in Madisonville, Tennessee by a friend's trouble. She was invited to come stay in a woman's home after she told members of the church she walked into off the street, that she was homeless. (this is/was true) No shelters exist here. No time limit was...

View more questions Search