Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    diddlydudette1 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2008, 05:17 AM
    How come I didn't receive my direct deposit - Stimulus Check?
    Hi,

I wonder if I'm the only one, but I was in the first group of those that should have received their stimulus check first (last 2 digits of SS# is 07).

In 2007 I owed Federal taxes and paid via EFT. Does that have something to do with me not receiving my stimulus payment through direct deposit do you think? I'm definitely due one because I did the calculations and according to my 2007 fed taxes, I should receive $600.00 so what gives? :confused:

I thought maybe it would show up in my checking acct. today, but still nothing and I know others have received theirs.

Thanks!
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Apr 29, 2008, 05:23 AM
    Wait and watch. If you owe taxes, it will be adjusted against the tax that you owe; this will certainly delay your tax refund.

Apr 29, 2008, 05:44 AM
    Thanks. I already paid back in February via EFT. I'll just wait it out, but thought it was strange that the fact that I owed last year instead of received would make a difference. They should have commented about this it seems.

Thanks again.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Apr 29, 2008, 01:55 PM
    You should see a payment into your account by Friday. The payment schedule is here:

Stimulus Payment Schedule for Tax Returns Processed by April 15

However, this is for people who are in the direct deposit system - I'm not sure whether the fact that you paid by EFT also makes you a direct deposit person or not. If you are not a direct depositer, you should receive a paper check the week of May 16.

Let us know when it comes through.
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2008, 02:03 PM
    I didn't owe any money, got my 2007 return deposited into my account and my last two numbers to my SSN is 09.

I still haven't received mine either. So don't worry!

Apr 30, 2008, 03:35 AM
    Thanks everyone for your resposnses. I didn't realize the first group was going out all week. I thought the first group was going out just Monday.

Thanks again.
    MRSGRANT Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2008, 06:55 AM
    My last two digits are 13 and I didn't get mine either. It sucks but it's nice to know that I'm not alone and there are other people wondering what the hell is going on and will I get screwed out of my money.
    Tithoniagold Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2008, 04:48 AM
    My last 2 digits are 00- it is Thursday and I haven't received my direct deposit. I filed my return in February and thought for sure I would be one of the first to receive it. I don't understand what system they could be using as to who gets theirs first. Does anyone have any ideas?:confused:
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2008, 05:42 AM
    Supposivly, if your last two digits of your SSN are between 00-20, then your stimulus money should arrive this week.

I filed in Feb. too and my last two are 09.

Hmmm...
    Balrog Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2008, 07:43 AM
    Well it seems we are all in the same boat! My last two digits are 03 and I E-filed in February. Received $2300 refund to my checking account on 2/2/08 . As all of you, I thought surely I'd be one of the very first to get my stimulus deposit. Today is Thursday and still no sign of it in my checking. :( Maybe they are working backwards... depositing those who most recently filed:eek:... If that's the case I will be one of the last as I filed in January and got my refund deposit the 2nd day of Feb.
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2008, 08:21 AM
    Wow you really wanted to file your taxes quick eh?

I don't think they are filing those who most recently filed. I would think that those people would get their rebate last.
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

May 1, 2008, 09:15 AM
    You have to realize that there are over 100 MILLION checks being issued. Be patient.

May 1, 2008, 09:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman2007
    You have to realize that there are over 100 MILLION checks being issued. Be patient.
    You Sir are wrong! Only about 7.4 million rebates are being DIRECT DEPOSITED from the rouhgly 130 million rebates to go out. We here are only concerned with the 7.4 million direct deposit rebates as we are waiting for ours. The government started depositing rebate checks Monday, at the rate of 800,000 per day for the first three days this week. No rebate checks will be deposited Thursday, and 5 million are suppose to hit peoples banks accounts on Friday.
    Tithoniagold Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2008, 10:36 AM
    Working backwards... I have to laugh because we are talking about the government, right! No sign of any deposit for me either- I heard of a man who filed on April 15 and received his Monday so maybe they are working backwards- I wouldn't doubt it! Keep us informed if it gets deposited-

May 1, 2008, 11:46 AM
    Ok, I know this will be a bit off topic but... I just have to say, FOOOEY!! To the us stimulus rebate! I mean c'mon... most people are getting a measly $600 bucks right?? Well I got bored here at work and did some research and crunched some numbers... this is what I've come up with. First of all you should Google "three trillion dollar war", that's how much the US has spent on the war in Iraq. 3 Trillion of our taxe payers dollars! Now check the US census pop clock, 303,980,851 is the population of the United states. So we'll round it to 300 million, now check how many registered cars are in the US. Around 220 million total. Now of that there are only about 150 million registered drivers for those cars. Basically the same number of people getting a stimulus rebate. Now, If you were to divide that 3 trillion dollars by 150 million tax paying drivers... you get $20,000 bucks..! That's right, each driver could have got $20,000 dollars with the money the government has spent to buy Iraq oil! Now say... A nice brand new Prius Hybrid cost around $22,000 to $26,000 bucks... or even a domestic Hybrid That $20,000 would mike a nice down payment for. Now I'm not asking the government to give everyone a check, but I think a voucher only to be used for the purchase of a new Hybrid vehicle would be smart. If every American were to switch today to a hybrid vehicle... well... oil reserves would instantly shoot through the roof! The price of gas would HAVE to come down, the environment would greatly improve, and the economy would recover greatly because people would have much more than a mere $600 extra cash on hand with it not all going to put gas in their cars... Now the only problem to my solution is? Toyota only produces about 500,000 Prius Hybrids a year, at that rate it would take 300 years to supply 150 million of them. But if all the car manufacturer's were given enough motivation to retool their lines and ONLY produce Hybrids... well we could probably do it. Just something to think about!!

May 1, 2008, 11:56 AM
    It's late Thurday and I'm still waiting also. I have a feeling it won't be in my checking by Friday... just a feeling I have.
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2008, 12:02 PM
    It's ridiculous how much money we paid for that stupid war.

$600 might not seem much to all the rich folks out there but to me, a middle class working woman, it a great gift!

May 1, 2008, 12:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by diddlydudette1
    It's late Thurday and I'm still waiting also. I have a feeling it won't be in my checking by Friday...just a feeling I have.
    Sorry diddly, you must have missed my post... there will be NO direct deposits made today... According to CNN, “As of next week, 800,000 tax filers daily will begin to have their checks directly deposited Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. No checks will be distributed Thursday, and 5 million payments will be made Friday.”

However, I am confident that most of us will have them deposited tomorrow as the vast majority of the deposits are all coming tomorrow on Friday May 2nd. Keep up the faith!
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

May 1, 2008, 07:44 PM
    IRS began the transfer economic stimulus payments from April 28, 2008, and many have already seen the payments in their bank accounts. Those who opted for direct deposit will be the first to get the rebate. Mailing of paper check will begin from May 16. Those with last two digits of SSN between 88 to 99 will get paper check after July 4, 2008.

For information on stimulus tax rebate schedule, the eligibility and how much rebate you will get read: Your U.S. Tax Return: Are You Eligible for 2008 Stimulus Tax Rebate Payment?

May 2, 2008, 04:09 AM
    Ok, it's Friday and still no deposit in my account. So much for being in the first group and receiving the check first.

I used direct deposit (EFT) to pay my 2007 fed taxes this year.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stimulus Check - Dual Status Return? [ 1 Answers ]

Per Government policy, the stimulus rebate check is only for residents. How about if you filed a dual status return? I was a resident for the last 7 months last year and filed the 1040 resident form along with the dual status statement. Am I be eligible to receive the stimulus rebate check?

Stimulus Tax Rebate Check [ 4 Answers ]

We have two adult children, 19 and 21, both in college and both earned over $3000 last year. We as their parents file jointly and claim them as our dependents. My question is this: Will our children get a rebate check of $600 a piece or will we get one for each of them under the $300 dependent...

Can I stop direct deposit if I think of a checking account lien [ 6 Answers ]

I may have a property going into foreclosure with 2 missed payments. I was thinking of filing chap 7 , I took the means test and my income is below the requirements. I also was wondering if you can get a company like a hospital to stop direct deposit if I think I am going To have a judgements from...

Stimulus rebate check [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between filing a 1040 tax form and a 1040a form?

View more questions Search