Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Balrog Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2008, 05:25 AM
    I GOT MINE TODAY!:D I can't believe it, its actually in my checking account!
    Tithoniagold Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2008, 05:31 AM
    Finally received it! Hope everyone else did!
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2008, 05:47 AM
    Still no for me :(
    MRSGRANT Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2008, 06:15 AM
    Congrats to all of you that did get their money but I still have not received my money yet and the way my luck goes I probably won't get it.:mad:
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

May 2, 2008, 06:26 AM
    And just think of the huge data base the Feds have of everyone's bank account information!!
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2008, 07:19 AM
    Yes, I must be patient!
    annettewheeler Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2008, 07:54 PM
    I filed my taxes in February w/Turbo Tax, I received my refund, direct deposit on 2/29/08. My last two of my soc end in 06 so, I too, should have been one of the first to get the stimulus money... GOT NOTHING yet.

My friend, his last two end in 19, he should have gotten his on Friday, or by 5/2 and NOTHING yet. (direct deposit and filed before mine at the first of feb 08)

My father, who's soc ends in 19 got his LAST MONDAY, THE 28TH (I THINK THAT'S THE DATE) OF APRIL. Now.. GET THIS.. I do his taxes (as I do all of ours) and I filed his taxes on APRIL 15TH!! Then he was one of the FIRST to get his check?

WTH?!
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2008, 05:52 AM
    You're not the only one annettewheeler,

If you read my previous posts on this thread you'll learn that I filed around the same time you did (with Turbo Tax) and the last two digits of my SSN are 09 but I still haven't received anything.

I'm giving it time though!
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

May 5, 2008, 05:55 AM
    Hopefully you should get it today.
    Go to Internal Revenue Service. Click Where is my Refund? Then click Status of my Stimulus Rebate. Or #01-866-234-2942

For information on stimulus tax rebate schedule, the eligibility and how much rebate you will get read: Your U.S. Tax Return: Are You Eligible for 2008 Stimulus Tax Rebate Payment?
    annettewheeler Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2008, 07:07 AM
    Well, if you go to IRS.gov/newsroom you will see (3rd qest from the bottom) that any of us that used TURBO TAX will NOT GET DIRECT DEPOSIT.. we will get PAPER CHECKS MAY 16TH.. even though we PAY Immediately via turbo tax.. unless you pay from a credit card, they don't condsider that paying immediately. If it's taken out of your refund (called RAL), than they don't consider that direct deposit..

What BULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLS#@t!!
    soccermama10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2008, 08:13 AM
    I am in the same boat. Last 2 digits are 08 and my husbands is 01 and we haven't received anything yet. We filed through Turbo Tax and while searching online I found that if you filed through Turbo Tax you will be getting a paper check EVEN if you received your tax refund through direct deposit.

So if any of you filed through Turbo Tax you most likely will be getting a paper check sent out may 16. You can also find out by going onto IRS.gov and clicking on " Where's my stimulus refund?" that's how I found out I was getting a check and not direct deposit.
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2008, 08:17 AM
    Wow that really blows!

I had to pay extra for Turbo Tax to direct deposit my refund and now this?
    achampio21 Posts: 220, Reputation: 15

May 9, 2008, 07:17 AM
    HEY I just got through to the IRS today because I too was supposed to get mine deposited this week and it didn't come. This is what I found out...

If you e-filed your taxes and used a company like HR Block, TaxAct, Turbo Tax etc the IRS will have to mail you your check because the company that filed your taxes used THEIR account number and when they received your tax check they forwarded it to you (hence the extra charges). So that is considered a third party account and the IRS will not deposit the rebates into those accounts so they are mailing the rebates to the address listed on your tax return. Hope this helps everyone! I know I have spent three days on the phone and about 6 hours on hold to get that info! Hope I saved some the stress!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stimulus Check - Dual Status Return? [ 1 Answers ]

Per Government policy, the stimulus rebate check is only for residents. How about if you filed a dual status return? I was a resident for the last 7 months last year and filed the 1040 resident form along with the dual status statement. Am I be eligible to receive the stimulus rebate check?

Stimulus Tax Rebate Check [ 4 Answers ]

We have two adult children, 19 and 21, both in college and both earned over $3000 last year. We as their parents file jointly and claim them as our dependents. My question is this: Will our children get a rebate check of $600 a piece or will we get one for each of them under the $300 dependent...

Can I stop direct deposit if I think of a checking account lien [ 6 Answers ]

I may have a property going into foreclosure with 2 missed payments. I was thinking of filing chap 7 , I took the means test and my income is below the requirements. I also was wondering if you can get a company like a hospital to stop direct deposit if I think I am going To have a judgements from...

Stimulus rebate check [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between filing a 1040 tax form and a 1040a form?

View more questions Search