Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hitthecity Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2008, 04:58 AM
    Very long period, heavy and shows no signs of stopping
    I am currently taking the contraceptive pill, Cerazette, that only contains Progestrogen, and have been since January of '07. I have had a few periods whilst on this, but only when I've missed pills, or been quite late taking one, however on this occasion I haven't missed any or been late at all. I have been with a long term partner since I started taking the Cerazette.

I began spotting on around the 10th-11th of April, and the period began heavily on the 13th with extremely painful cramps, the worst I've ever had, preventing me from eating or moving, the period has been constantly heavy since, and shows no signs of stopping, should I visit my doctor, or is this normal? It has been nearing 3 weeks now.

Thank you :confused:
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Apr 29, 2008, 10:37 AM
    Call your doctor ASAP. You should not bleed or have painful cramps for this long.

GL!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unexpected period, that needs stopping! [ 1 Answers ]

I'm on the pill, I missed one day but had it that night, 3 days later I started bleeding. I'm petrified as I can't be on this next week. Please can anyone tell me how I can stop the bleeding. I've bleed from Wednesday its now Friday and I MUST stop by Sunday night. I'm still taking the pills and I...

Long heavy period with large blood clots [ 1 Answers ]

I just started my period today and it is sooo heavy. I am also having these really big blood clots? I mean really big? Last month I had the same problem and my period lasted two weeks. Can someone hepl me out with what could be wrong?

Why have I not had a period after stopping my Evra contraceptive Patch last month? [ 3 Answers ]

I stopped putting on my Evra Contraceptive patch last month and have been trying for a baby since my last period (4 weeks ago). I have not had a period as yet and was due on Tuesday 14th Aug 07. I have taken two pregnancy tests, one on Monday and the other Tuesday and both results were negative. ...

Heavy period [ 2 Answers ]

I missed my period in the month of December. Then I got it 3 weeks ago and it was light with no cramps (unusual for me). I was also extremely exhausted all the time, like I could sleep all day almost. I thought it was over, then it started again and has been very heavy since, sometimes with huge...

Very heavy period [ 3 Answers ]

For the last two months I have had clotting and chunks of blood come out when I am on my period last month I was on for 3 weeks but one week was spotting and then there was a week and a half of clumping and bleeding then regular bleeding and it is the same so far for this week. In November of 04 I...

View more questions Search