Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Where2Begin Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2008, 09:48 PM
    What 2 do if you've quit a job and they claim you as non-rehireable?
    First, I posted here as I'm having to deal with the HR department to get this corrected. I appreciate any help/suggestions to help me get this resolved.

First, the job was at Abercrombie & Fitch and I quit because I was moving out of the state. Recently I was asked to work there again and decided it would be fun. However, when they ran my information to hire me back on in my new state it came back claiming me as non-rehirebale or unrehirable; not that the actual term means anything. During my previous employment I was present for all of my shifts, never had a write-up, and gave notice I was moving/quitting.

So, I call the main HR department to see what is needed to correct this situation. The person I spoke with was very nice, but stated that if there wasn't a manager who still worked there when I had there was little they could do for me. I continued to say that I had never had a write-up and never missed a shift. She then stated that if there were no managers to back me and no write-ups to state I was a poor employee that they would look further into my time logs to verify. If all that was done and I was telling the truth they would correct my status.

This was over a month ago. I got the direct ext. number to reach her and have since called numerous times and left messages every time without a single response. What can I do? This same situation happened to my girlfriend; we both worked there and both quit just before our move. She called the HR department and it took a few weeks but it was finally corrected when she threatened to contact a lawyer.

I'd hate to have to use a threat to get this corrected. Should I try to contact someone else in HR? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Is there another agency I should contact if they continue to ignore me? I enjoyed working there and I had never had a problem with them before. I'd like to work there again and even if I didn't intend to, I'm not content with this status being attached to my employment history/records.
    schwinn160 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

May 28, 2008, 09:42 AM
    I would attempt to reach someone else in HR that may be able to help. You never know, maybe that person you reach could know how to find your old boss! (or any number of other coincidental occurrences:))

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quit Claim [ 3 Answers ]

Here's my question - what are the pros/cons of a quit claim or interspousal transfer. My husband and I are separating and the only item we are together on is the house. I am staying in house he is moving out of state. Friends have suggested he transfer the house to me (which he stated he will)....

Quit Claim or Quick Claim [ 4 Answers ]

What is the difference between a Quit Claim and a Quick Claim? Also, the last year of my mothers life she was very ill and lived with me, she signed her house over to me . Now I am going to sell it, do I have to pay taxes on the money I receive? I have heard if you are over a certain age you do not...

Quit claim [ 4 Answers ]

My husband and I purchased a home together 4 months after we were married, but in order to get a better interest rate for the loan, and the title to go through I was asked to sign a quit claim document. Does this mean I have no interest in the home now that we are divorcing?

Quit Claim [ 1 Answers ]

I've filled out Quit Claim form. Now, I need to get it notarized. Where do you go to get it notarized? I live Oak Lawn Illinois, cook county.

View more questions Search