Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lynzyluvz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2008, 06:15 PM
    1957 b series
    How much should I expect to get from someone who wants to buy my 1957 b series silver certificate one dollar bill?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2008, 03:02 AM
    I was hoping that a person who has a current book on the value on coins and paper money would answer your post. In the meantime, at least here is an attempt at an answer.

The quotes below are from the following site. Quick Reference Guide to U.S. Paper Money Values

$1 Silver Certificates, 1935 and 1957

Most 1935 and 1957 series Silver Certificates are worth a very small premium over face value. Circulated examples typically sell for $1.25 to $1.50 each, while Uncirculated $1 Silver Certificates are worth between $2 and $4 each. Exceptions to these values include Star notes (where the serial number is followed by a small star in place of the suffix letter), and other various varieties and blocks including 1935A Hawaii and North Africa notes, Experimental notes, and various rare blocks and serial number ranges. Please refer to the Standard Guide to Small Size U.S. Paper Money (1928 to date), by Dean Oakes and John Schwartz, for more information.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2008, 10:27 PM
    Lynzyluvz & Clough- Very good there clough,You done good

The 1957B Silver Certificate ( $1.00) With the SIGNTURES OF ( GRANAHAN & Dillon ARE ( VF-20 Is worth $3.00 to $4.00)
    ( UNC-63 Is worth $9.00 TO $15.00 ) VF- means - VERY FINE
    UNC - Means - uncirculated
    Look at other posts , there is one that I gave all the grades on and what to look for in gradeing paper money , the posts are on the ( COLLECTABLES SITE :::: GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS ::::F.B.E.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is a $1 1957 silver certificate worth ? [ 6 Answers ]

What is a $1 1957 silver certificate worth ?

Baseball cards from 1957-1958 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a few baseball cards from the era above,. How do I find out if they are worth anything?

GE cooktop wiring - 1957 change to 2007 [ 2 Answers ]

I just removed a 1957 GE electric cooktop and installed the a new GE cooktop model#JP328WKWW. I got three wires come from breaker 2 black and 1 white. I use the volt meter to touch each black to the white wire, both gives me 120V. I think the 2 black is hot wires and the white one is neutral. ...

1957 Curse of the Demon [ 1 Answers ]

What is the name of the arcane text that Dr. John Holden (Dana Andrews) is trying to locate in 1957's Curse of the Demon"? TItle must be complete.

1957-A one [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. It is me again. I have a one dollar bill that is a 1957 A. in good condition. Can someone tell me what it is worth?

View more questions Search