Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kristen024 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2008, 03:47 PM
    What's the difference?
    I was wondering if someone could tell me the answer to this question. What is the difference between a graphic designer and a architect? I mean they both deal with drawings, don't they? Seems they are similar.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2008, 03:56 PM
    Architect draws blueprints for buildings and things like that.
    Graphic designer draws ads, menus, and different things in a way that catches peoples attention.
    They have to have a good eye for composition, color, lettering, etc... and how to put it all together in an appealing way.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 28, 2008, 03:57 PM
    Well a person who does portaits does drawing, a electric enginner or a mechanic engineer does drawing the person who does disney cartoons does drawings it is what you are trained and skilled in drawing, your certification to do such.

Architect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Graphic design - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Apr 29, 2008, 07:26 AM
    I agree with the above and would add that Graphic Designers do graphics, logos, websites, more artsy type of stuff while Architects design and engineer buildings. Both require artistic ability but are quite different.
    jimmystyle Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2008, 08:04 AM
    In addition to answers already posted, the other big difference is about 3 years of education and $70K in tuition! Most architects these days a required to have a Masters Degree - graphic designers typically have 4 years or less of college education.

In terms of the work place, an Architect is usually the quarterback on a design team whereas agraphic designer may only have one aspect of the project in their scope (i.e. a place kicker). All in all, as stated above, both professions require a high level of drawing abillity and a good sense of design, etc.

From a legal standpoint, an architect would be the person signing and sealing drawings. Their responsibillity far exceeds that of a graphic designer. In other words, if a building falls down or there is a problem with a leaky roof, an architect gets sued, not a graphic designer.

Architects are also required to be licensed professionals. The process includes a 7 part ARE (Architectural Registration Exam) which differs from state to state.

Finally, architects are generally a lot cooler... but that's coming from an architect! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's the difference? [ 1 Answers ]

Credit terms are very foreign to me. Please help! What do these terms mean? 1. Charge off 2. Account closed... is that good? 3. Transferred/Closed 4. Purchased by another lender Am I correct when I say that if the account was purchased by another lender, then possibly that account and/or...

Is there a difference? [ 9 Answers ]

Is there a difference between a get well ecard and a get well paper card? Reason I asked is I've sended someone a ecard which I have edited and the words on the card really came from my heart and when this person finished reading it he just deleted it, it kind of hurted me

What is the difference [ 2 Answers ]

Could someone please tell me the difference between ac cable / mc cable and bx cable

Difference [ 1 Answers ]

Please anyone tell me the difference between a Corporation and an Incorporation.

View more questions Search