Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vibhushan9 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2008, 02:03 PM
    Is it possible to quit one company and join another having L1 B and without H1B
    Hi

I am currently working at Y as a contractor through X company on L1 B (A year ago, X converted my H1 B to L1 B and my H1 B got expired now). But Y wants to hire me and asked me to find out the possibilities through a lawyer. Could any one help me out "whether there is any way to quit X and join Y when having L1B?"

I don't have H1B in hand and Y is not in a position to sponsor for me.
    appreciate your help.

thanks
    V
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Apr 28, 2008, 03:24 PM
    L-1 can be transferred from employer X to employer Y ONLY if your job with them qualifies for the L category, but you cannot quit X to join Y.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Company Introduction Letter (B2B) for a HR services outsourcing company [ 10 Answers ]

How can I make a good company Introduction letter (B2B), for a HR outsourcing company? Please help me out with any free samples.

Sample letter of Introduction of company to company [ 7 Answers ]

Dear Team Kindly send me Sample letter of Introducing a company to other company.

Company introduction letter for audio/home theatre solution company [ 1 Answers ]

I want to introduce myself/company to one of the top interior designer. I am an individual dealing in audio / home theatre solutions. I want to an introduction letter for my company.

Does parent company separate with subsidiaries company? [ 1 Answers ]

The rule in Salomon v Salomon was laid down at time when economic circumstances were vastly different and the principle of laissez faire ruled supreme. In the Modern day and age, parent companies should not be allowed to shelter behind wholly owned and controlled subsidiaries.Why?

Should I take emergency leave of absence and then quit or just quit immediately? [ 4 Answers ]

I have to leave job for which I did not have time to notify my employer 2 weeks before I quit. My planes changed so fast. I have to quit immediately, but I I still have my shift schedule for tomorrow. I work at Starbucks as barista. Should I make call and tell them that my car broke and cannot come...

View more questions Search