Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    acuna84 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2008, 11:01 AM
    What do I need to get started on a small business?
    I want to open up a bakery , and I want to know exactly what I need.
    amIwrong Posts: 157, Reputation: 16

Apr 28, 2008, 11:13 AM
    Well, that's a loaded question. You have already decided what you want as a business so that's a start. But, one thing you have to decide is where money for all this will come from. If you have no money then you will have to find a source for money, such as a business loan. They will likely want a plan from you. A business plan that outlines how the money will be spent. You will have to own or lease a place in which you can run your business. You will have to attain the proper permits to do so, and have a health inspection, cost of items to make baked goods, such as pans etc. If you plan to have people working for you then you need to find out what those guidelines are and adhere to them.

You will need to adhere to labor laws, etc. If you do have a staff you will need to decide how they will be paid, such through a payroll service, your own business checks, etc. You will need to pick vendors and suppliers for your ingredients. Organize logistics for those items. Packaging, marketing, logos, copyright, etc. Though I did see a lady on TV who did some sort of online baked goods service that she did all herself out of her home. I am not sure how that would work, but that would help eliminate a staff, a building, etc. But you would still likely have to get a permit to operate out of your home, and would have the cost of setting up a website, marketing, packaging, etc. Either way, you would have to form something like an LLC or a Corp in order to file properly at the end of the year. As always, keep all your receipts for filing and file even if you were in the red. Lastly, check out there for business grants, there are some for those who are stating a first time business.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2008, 03:50 PM
    I really like the answer above!

You also could click on the following search to see a lot of information that is available on the Internet for starting such a business.

Business Plan for Starting a Bakery - Google Search

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Small business [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to open a hotdog stand how do I go about permits

Small business [ 1 Answers ]

I am interested in starting a business for low income individuals. I want a building where I cam have many different offices to help the homeless or low income families. Such as: FREE CLOTHING FREE FOOD ...

Small business [ 2 Answers ]

I have set flyers and business cards around my neighborhood about lawn care services. Now, how much do I charge to cut their yards?

Small business [ 4 Answers ]

I am currently 17 years old... I am toying with the idea of starting a card business... I will begin as a sole trader... but hopefully develop into a larger force opening stores around scotland by 2010... will I survive in such a market... and is it wise taking such a risk at a critical stage of my...

Small business [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my name is Joshua and I plan on starting my own business painting homes. My question is do I need and contractors licence or can I just use a business licence?

View more questions Search