Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Doc Sun Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Feb 18, 2006, 08:43 AM
    Tac free 501c3 corp.
    How do you obtain financial info on tax free 501 c corporations like pay, travel expenses etc? I like to have this info before making donations.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 18, 2006, 09:18 AM
    First it is hard, all corporations have to file with their state but this is often very limited. You need to check with the Attorney General office of the state where they operate. Also check with the Better Business Bureu in their area. But in the end,often finding how much they pay their employees and what percent of the money that actual goes to their chairty relief is hard to find.

Some of these may help

http://www.state.ia.us/government/ag/charity1.htm

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/edcam...resources.html

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/tmarkg/charity.htm

http://www.effingham.net/crimestoppers/charity.htm

I will give you an example, our Religious Order does all service work, we are Incorporated as a Non Profit Religious Church.

There are no records of what we pay or don't pay available without directly asking us.

Now with our group our religious brothers can not receive any pay from our group ( each is required to work in the world and pay all their own living expences) So beyond paying rent or building payments and utilities our group uses all of its donations directly to the service we provide. ( Prison ministry, Elderly Ministry, Street Ministry and so on)
    At the Corporate level we have a large Elderly Ministry plus we help with supplies for African Missions ( no money is sent to Africa, only books and/or supplies
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

May 6, 2006, 03:23 PM
    If the charity is big enough, it must file a 990 tax return where financial details lare outlined, and as far as I know 990's are on the internet as a matter of public record? I would suggest a Google search on the charity itself and/or 990 tax returns.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between W2 and Corp-to-Corp [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I want to know the difference between compesation in W2 and Corp-to-corp when working as a consultant for a company. For eg: if my comp rate is 40$/hr W2 for 1st case and 40$/hr corp to corp for second, in which case am I supposed to take care Of my taxes? :confused:

Free/Almost Free Online Multiplayer Games [ 51 Answers ]

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone could recommend any free/nearly free online multiplayer games. A few friends and I are looking for some good games over the internet. Preferably something other than a MMORPG as you have to devote a lot of time to those in order to keep up with each other. ...

Switching from LLC to S-Corp [ 1 Answers ]

We've been an LLC for just a couple of months and have decided to become an S-Corp. We're in NY. We've got start-up costs invested and don't want to take a loss on our personal return when we dissolve the LLC - we'd rather get this money back. Can we transfer the assets and liabilities to the new...

501c3 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my name is Rahfeki Brown the questioned I have is can I file my 501c3 on my own don't want to pay the 400.00 dollars to someone else if I can do it myself

501c3 [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I originally posted under philanthropy/charity and was directed to repost here for possible insight. Below are my two posts, if you can shed any light on the topic, I'd much appreciate it: Ok, here is my situation. I have a friend who needs adaptive equipment in the form of a service dog....

View more questions Search