Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mona22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2008, 09:07 AM
    Can a man after paying support for 15 yrs request paternity and get support stopped
    If a man paid child support for 15 yrs and begins to question paternity can he get this stopped
    cleanfun Posts: 26, Reputation: 10

Apr 28, 2008, 09:16 AM
    I'm not a lawyer by any means but if a man pays support, especially unwillingly, for a child that's finally proven to not be his, he should get all of his money back, promptly. Just my opinion, by the way.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 28, 2008, 09:31 AM
    It will depend on your location. In the US, there are some states that will not allow you to even request a DNA test after that many years. In other US states, yes you can request a test and if proved not to the be father stop the support payments.

But after 15 years, and I would hope 15 years of visiting "your" child" you should have some emotional bonds with the child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paternity Test / Child Support / Custody [ 13 Answers ]

I got pregnant in January of 2005 by a guy I had been with for about 7 months. As soon as I said the word, he demanded I have an abortion and he was out the door. I couldn't go through with the abortion, and I had considered adoption but in the end I couldn't do that either. I had the baby 5 weeks...

Court for Paternity and Support. [ 4 Answers ]

I have court on Jan. 7 for paternity and support. The man that the court is going against I am 100 % positive is not the father of my 9 month old child. He has not wanted anything to do with him at all. How do I go to the court and tell them that I want to drop the case? What I want to do is sign...

Child support hearing/paternity [ 5 Answers ]

Yes, could someone familiar with child support hearings please help me out if you can... I have a hearing scheduled for the near future filed by the child's mother and I was just wondering exactly how the proceedings work. For instance, this is an out-of-state case and as I have not spoken to her...

Child support and paternity in divorce case [ 1 Answers ]

A dear friend of mine who is a refugee married an American citizen from IL when she was 5 months pregnant (still living in Jordan at that time- they were married double-proxy.) The husband's name is on the son's birth record from Jordan, but after the baby was born, he abandonded the marriage. My...

Child Support and paternity [ 26 Answers ]

My husband is not the biological father of his daughter, but he signed the birth certificate. The mother of the child will not let my husband see his daughter, and has recently gone for child support. He refuses and I mean refuses to pay for her. Is there any way to do a paternity test in...

View more questions Search