Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2008, 09:03 AM
    Anyone ever heard of "geocache"?
    The strangest thing happened yesterday while the wife and I were out hiking in one of our state parks.

We get pretty adventurous at times, we tend to want to make our own trail and discover things off the beaten path so to speak.

We came across this huge log and decided to take a break. As we sit down, I look, and under the log is a tupperware container that seems to be somewhat hidden, but not very well hidden.

At first, the wife wanted to grab it, I would not allow it! "My God dear, you have no idea who has touched that!! What kind of stuff may be in it"! She wasn't happy, but left it alone and we continued our adventure.

On the way back, she could not resist the curiosity and against my best judgment, she had to open it.

It had a card in it that said geocache, and explained that is was a worldwide game, played by people with their GPS systems. Someone hides a container, notes the longitude and latitude, then puts the location on a web site so that other GPS players can try to find that container.

While very amusing, when I tried to log into the web page listed, geocache.org, it said that this was "very old" and listed an email address for a guy named Peter. I sent him an email but have not received any reply yet.

Has anyone here heard of this? If so, and it is outdated, how long do you think this container had been there? It has all kinds of nick knack type stuff in it, and the instructions said that you could take something from it, but you have to leave something else in it's place. Very intriguing to say the least.
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Apr 28, 2008, 09:31 AM
    I've heard of it, even saw a show on TV once about it. It was filmed in Seattle, where were you?
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2008, 09:43 AM
    We are in Nebraska.

It didn't look like it had been there that long so I was surprised by the message I got saying it the web site was "very old".

Thanks for responding.
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Apr 28, 2008, 10:02 AM
    Sounds like it would be a lot of fun to do, would make hiking more interesting if you were searching for some hidden treasure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Intertherm Electric Furnace Blower works in "on" not in "auto" [ 6 Answers ]

I have an Intertherm Electric Furnace E2EB-015AH. I came home from work last night, turned the heat on and it didn't work as advertised. I could hear the relays clicking occasionally so I investigated a little and found the elements are heating up and cycling, the relay inside the thermostat cycles...

"what's the big deal?" about using the words "pimped out" in reference to Chelsea? [ 11 Answers ]

Some people don’t seem to think it is a big deal. Clinton Calls Shuster Comment Part of 'Troubling Pattern' | The Trail | washingtonpost.com

Anyone heard of "Buying Off" a Probation [ 1 Answers ]

Here is some quick basic info. My boyfriend was convicted of the crime iabout 17 years ago which was attempted murder and robbery. He served way more time than he should have considering the circumstances of the crime. He was released this May and now has 4 years probation. He was what you could...

"well I heard your boyfriend that he has a girlfriend" popular song [ 2 Answers ]

I heard this song once recently on the radio and it was towards the end, so I didn't get a lot of the lyrics... but it went something lik this: "well I heard your boyfriend, that he has a girlfriend" I know its not much, but it was a guy singing, and the style was similar to Avril...

View more questions Search