Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lannyk71 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2008, 07:03 AM
    Divorce and child support
    I have been married for 18 years. I have 3 kids. We both are agreeing on a divorce.
    2 kids want to live with him. 1 wants to move to another state with me. Question is will I have to pay my husband child support?
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2008, 07:06 AM
    It all depends on what kind of a settlement you work out between yourselves. There is no hard and fast rules. Who makes the most money?

Apr 28, 2008, 07:53 AM
    He makes a lot more. When I move I will have to find a job.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 28, 2008, 08:07 AM
    This is a question you ask of your divorce attorney. They will know the specific situation and be able to advise.

Apr 28, 2008, 11:31 AM
    I cannot afford an attorney
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 28, 2008, 11:38 AM
    You can't afford not to have an attorney. If this is not an amicable divorce, you will lose without one. You should be able to get your ex to pay for the attorney as part of the divorce settlement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support - 2 child living at separate parents - 1 child turning 18 soon. [ 6 Answers ]

I will try not to make this too long but I went through a 3 year court battle with my ex with our 2 kids who are now 17 (Daughter) and 15 (Son). My son has been living with his dad since he was like 9 because I let him. Court battle was dropped due to judge thinking my ex was lying after 3 years...

Child Support Defined within Divorce Decree [ 4 Answers ]

New York State - I am hubby's second marriage -when his first wife divorced him -he ignorantly waived getting representation. He claims he had no means -and it is water under the bridge at this point -however - on the matter of child support - It is defined in the agreement that every year,...

Can you ask for child support on a child if you OWE support for the same child? [ 13 Answers ]

We have had custody of my daughter for 12 years. Tons of things have happened in those years. My daughter has truly shown her true colors. Three years ago she went to live with my mother, who I gave legal guardianship to. She has now done the same things to my mother. She is almost 17 years old and...

Child support and paternity in divorce case [ 1 Answers ]

A dear friend of mine who is a refugee married an American citizen from IL when she was 5 months pregnant (still living in Jordan at that time- they were married double-proxy.) The husband's name is on the son's birth record from Jordan, but after the baby was born, he abandonded the marriage. My...

Child support after divorce [ 8 Answers ]

I have been divorced for a year now and have two children. My ex ended up with custody of the children. I have visitations with the children staying with me. I am in public housing that includes my children on the lease. Plus am on food stamps that includes the children. I do work, but my income is...

View more questions Search