Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rachel37 Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Apr 28, 2008, 04:27 AM
    Sixties Set Film
    I'm trying to find out the name of a film. Could anyone please help me. All I remember are about 4-6 adults meeting for a reunion as they were best friends when growing up. They ae all different types of people and they start reminiscing about their childhoods. I remember a part in particular which is when they all cycle to a local river/lake and the boys in the group strip off and jump in. Then the girls take their clothes and ride off with them. I think maybe Bette Midler could be in it as one of the adults, but not 100% sure. I also remember a tree house and/or tree swing. I think the title is named after a famous sixties song like Stand By Me or I'll Be There (and I think it may be set in the sixties too.) But I have googled both those titles and nothing. So if anyone can tell me what it is, that would be great. Thank you xxx
    dias06 Posts: 110, Reputation: 26

Apr 28, 2008, 11:04 AM
    I know that movie, will try find the name!
    dias06 Posts: 110, Reputation: 26

Apr 28, 2008, 11:09 AM
    Is it "Now and Then"
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2008, 01:10 PM
    The Big Chill? 1983 kevin kline, glen close, jobeth williams

A group of seven former college friends gather for a weekend reunion at a posh South Carolina winter house after the funeral of one of their friends...

A seminal Thirty-Something movie in which a group of old college friends who are now all grown up and hardened by the big wide world come together for the funeral of Alex, a barely glimpsed corpse (which is played by Kevin Costner as noted in the Special Features section of the DVD), who was at one time the brightest and the best of them, and yet who never managed to achieve half as much as any of the others. The friends use the occasion to reacquaint themselves with each other and to speculate as to what happened to their idealism which had been abundant when they were younger.
    rachel37 Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Apr 29, 2008, 04:39 AM
    Dias06, thank you soooo much. That's it!! It's been bugging me for ages now. Just ordered it. Yay xxxxxxxxxx And southerngalps, thanks also because that film sounds really good, so I will have to watch it xxx
    Mary Cunliffe Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2012, 12:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by southerngalps View Post
    The Big Chill? 1983 kevin kline, glen close, jobeth williams

A group of seven former college friends gather for a weekend reunion at a posh South Carolina winter house after the funeral of one of their friends...

A seminal Thirty-Something movie in which a group of old college friends who are now all grown up and hardened by the big wide world come together for the funeral of Alex, a barely glimpsed corpse (which is played by Kevin Costner as noted in the Special Features section of the DVD), who was at one time the brightest and the best of them, and yet who never managed to achieve half as much as any of the others. The friends use the occasion to reacquaint themselves with each other and to speculate as to what happened to their idealism which had been abundant when they were younger.
    The Big Chill

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the name of this film! [ 1 Answers ]

I seen the film in about 1989 I can just remember certain parts it was a british film I remember some teenagers stealing some big silver getto blasters out of a school and running across an empty playground think it was two boys . There was a group of older children in it who were punks and...

Anyone know wish film this can be? [ 1 Answers ]

It is very little I can remember about this movie, I saw it as a child about 1988-1990 around that time I saw it, so some years before that is should be made. It is a kind of sci-fi movie, not cartons. I it was about a group off some kind of soldiers in a kind of disert planet. They get some...

Where do I get this film [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone tell me where I can purchase this film, "fruit machine", I've looked everywhere for it , but no luck. I don't know who made the film or produced it.

What is this film?-Film About History of India? [ 1 Answers ]

When I was about 10 in the late 70's/early 80's I saw a film on TV that was in color, and from cinematography looked as if it was filmed in the 60's. I think it was overdubbed in english. It looked like a historical epic about a struggle for a throne set in India. Battle scenes on elephants,...

View more questions Search