Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    manoverwater Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2008, 03:34 AM
    Am I the father?
    I might not be the father of my un-born child. How do I find out for sure?
    Do I have to pay for a baby that might not be mine
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2008, 04:35 AM
    You find out after the child is born by DNA testing. If this child is not biologically yours, you do not have to pay child support.
    boredINmind Posts: 87, Reputation: 2

Apr 28, 2008, 04:51 AM
    Agree with Twinkie, if its not yours then you are not obligated to it!

However, you should be careful in order to insure will not go through this kind of stress in the future! Better safe than sorry, especially in this case!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 28, 2008, 05:18 AM
    Yes there is nothing you can do at this point and time, after the baby is born you can request a DNA test to be sure.
    Rochell Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2008, 08:48 AM
    First of all, are you married to the baby's mama? Because if you are, the baby will have your last name and you will have to take care of the child up to the point that the child is proven not to be yours. If not, then I agree with twinkie, bored, and chuck. Request a paternity test and don't sign the birth certicate until it is proven to be your child. In some states, if you sign the because and it turns out that the child is not yours, you will be obligated to provide support for the child anyway. Good Luck & I hope evrything works out for the best.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child support from unwilling father, uninvolved father [ 26 Answers ]

I am currently pregnant with my first child. The father is not involved. What rights does the baby have to collect child support from him? Is it ethical to force financial child support, when he does not want to be involved? Yet, he has said that he will provide support. He says that and then...

Father abandoned daughter one and a half years ago and step father wants to adopt [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question. My daughters father completely stopped contact with my daughter a year and a half ago. We were separated for eight years, Since then I have remarried and gone on with my life. He suddenly stopped all contact with her a year and a half ago, stopped child support about three...

Adoption from biological Father to Step Father [ 5 Answers ]

Hello: One of my employees has children by her now husband and former husband. Her present husband wants to adopt her two children from her former husband. The biological Father is willing to relinquish his rights. She wants to draw up the papers without an Attorney because of the cost. If...

How do I tell my soon to be baby father he may not be the father? [ 7 Answers ]

Well me and my first daughters father were taking a break from each other and I got pregnant and I'm not too sure if he is the father of my new child or not and I have no idea how to tell him without breaking his heart...

New step father wants to adopt child that has no father on birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I am a new step father and I wish to adopt my 4 year old step son and my 8 year old step son . The 4 year old does not have a father listed on the birth certificate and the 8 year old does but the bio-father has not made any kind of contact in 5 years but is court ordered to pay child support and...

View more questions Search