Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aeymen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2003, 01:05 PM
    Sociology
    My exams are very near and I needed to know how we can criticise marx and weber individually in our own words ( our own criticisms).I would be thankful to you if you help me.
    McNamara Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2003, 01:10 AM
    sociology
    First Marx believed in capitalism. He believed that the rich should take away the smaller companies, and wipe out the smaller businesses. Marx believed that nationalism would disappear in the course of social development, it was essentially a way in which dominant classes tried to legitimize their position. His way of thinking was the result would be of dividing what would eventually become a worldwide workers' movement.

Weber on the other hand... He was influenced by Marx , but was also critical of Marx major views. He rejected the materialist conception of history and saw class conflict as less significicant than Marx. Weber's views, ideas and values have as much impact as economic conditions on social change.

I do hope this helps you..

[email protected]
    McNamara Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2003, 01:13 AM
    sociology
    First Marx believed in capitalism. He believed that the rich should take away the smaller companies, and wipe out the smaller businesses. Marx believed that nationalism would disappear in the course of social development, it was essentially a way in which dominant classes tried to legitimize their position. His way of thinking was the result would be of dividing what would eventually become a worldwide workers' movement.

Weber on the other hand... He was influenced by Marx , but was also critical of Marx major views. He rejected the materialist conception of history and saw class conflict as less significicant than Marx. Weber's views, ideas and values have as much impact as economic conditions on social change.

I do hope this helps you..

[email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sociology of interaction [ 1 Answers ]

Hi What do you understand by the sociology of interaction and how does it contribute to our understanding of communication Thanks.

For my sociology [ 3 Answers ]

Peopl I need back up answers please. You see I have a debate this coming Wednesday and I need real help from you people! It's about Death penalty, we were the anti group and our enemy is the pro group... Okay so the question is " do we realy need death penalty? if yes please explain it if no...

Sociology of interaction [ 1 Answers ]

Hi What do you understand by the sociology of interaction and how does it contribute to our understanding of communication Thanks.

View more questions Search