Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adoptacat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2008, 11:44 AM
    Digital to analog converter box & connections
    Hi,

I need assistance with help in setting up the digital to analog converter box with my TV, dvd player and dvd recorder and my vcr's.

One set includes a TV with only the one antenna in connection, vcr and dvd player.

My other set includes a slightly newer TV that has the one antenna in connection and the area for the yellow, red & white cables, vcr and dvd recorder.

I used to have to use all through an adapter.

I can't seem to get the digital to analog converter boxes set up with the electronics so that they all work.

Could someone provide me with instructions regarding how to run the cables and if I need to purchase any splitters, adapters, etc. I do not have cable TV.

Thank you
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2008, 12:10 PM
    The reason is that the converter box that you bought does not have analog pass through. Analog pass through means that the signal passes unaltered at the output of the CECB with the CECB turned off. Very few do. See here for a list of boxes and their features.

The only way out of this is to purchase an RF A/B switch. Common is the TV, inputs are CECB or the output of the VCR. Inputs to the VCR will come from the converter box for recoding.

If the TV has a video input then this can be the DVD player.
    adoptacat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2008, 08:42 PM
    Hi,

Thank you for the quick response.

I am not very good at connecting electronics.

Could you tell me what cable goes from what electronic and in which opening? Example, "in" on converter box goes to "out" on TV.

I hooked some things up but I think they are wrong as I have a lot of static in the TV and when I watch what I recorded on the VCR it has a lot of static and you can hear the TV station for what the TV is currently on when viewing the tape.

Thank you:
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2008, 09:58 PM
    Cables look the same, they are F connectors and screw on. They have a piece of wire sticking out of the connector.

TERMS:

ANT = cable from antenna

CECB:RF in (might be labeled ANT)
    CECB:RF out

VCR: RF in (Might be labeled ANT)
    VCR: RF out (Might be labeled TO TV

CONNECT as follows

ANT to CECB: RF In
    (Set CECB to channel 4)

CECB:RF out to VCR: RF in
    (Tune VCR to Cha 4)

VCR:RF out to TV
    (Tune TV to channel 4)

1) To watch HD TV in SD
    Turn CECB on
    VCR off
    TV to channel 4

2) to record HD TV in SD
    Turn CECB on
    VCR on
    Tune VCR to CHA 4.
    Tuning TV to CHA 4 is optional

3) To playback VCR
    Turn CECB off
    Turn on TV to CHA 4
    Play VCR

This isn't the best, but it should work.

If your TV has video/audio inputs then use these to play the DVD player.

It's kind of hard telling you how to hook things up without a piture of the rear panels. You can post using "go advanced".

Something like this could solve all your problems: 8x8 Routing Switcher: Component, Composite or S-Video with Stereo Audio

You could:
    1.Watch DVD
    2. Record VCR and/or watch it on TV
    3.Play VCR to TV
    4. Record DVD to VCR and/or watch on TV

The device simplifies the connections and all connection must be of thr same type like composite video.

The RF out of the VCR typically is not in stereo.

This is a bit cheaper. $213 Composite Video Audio Matrix Switch, TV DVD VCR satellite RCA router

ANy better?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My TV: Analog or Digital [ 2 Answers ]

How can I tell if I have a digital or analog TV? It is a Sony Trinitron 2003 model #KV27FS100L.

Tuning digital subchannels w/ Analog NTSC [ 1 Answers ]

My television is three years old and has a built-in analog tuner. I am subscribed to digital cable and the cable box hooked to the television in the main room has a built-in digital tuner. The other sets in the household receive cable via coax. A local network switched some of their shows to...

Analog vs digital [ 2 Answers ]

I want to known about the transmission of electromagnetic waves in cell phones is digital or analog signal ? Explain me about the transmission line ?

Digital vs. Analog signal [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all - I have a brand new Samsung SyncMaster 940bw monitor with a NVidia GeForce2 MX/MX400 video card. My question is this: how do I get my monitor to run a digital signal? I have my DVI-D cable plugged in but that does not provide any signal. Yet when I plug in my analog 15 pin VGA, I get...

Changing Thermostat Analog to Digital have 110 volt wires [ 2 Answers ]

I have a baseboard hot water system with a gas boiler. Boiler is 6-7 years old. It has three zones with 3 separate pumps and thermostats. I checked the thermostat wires and they are 110 volts. Folks at the local hardware store I talked to were surprised with the 110 volts but suggested I could...

View more questions Search