Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mowermadness Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2008, 09:44 AM
    Mysterious antifreeze leak on a Mitsubishi Montero
    I have a 1995 Mitsubishi Montero LS with a 3.0L engine. About two days ago, while I was driving to work, I noticed that the temp. gauge was pegged out. I put some antifreeze in it thinking that it might have been a little low. I left work to go home in the afternoon and I didn't get very before the engine was way overheated. When I got out of the truck, I noticed that there was a trail of antifreeze behind the vehicle. Long story short, if I put antifreeze into the radiator, it flows through and pours out from some where behind or above the harmonic balancer. Could it be the water pump? More info: the radiator is badly rusted and corroded and has been since I have had it (about two years now). Any help?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2008, 09:58 AM
    Have somebody start the car up with the hood up and while they press the gas and you look under the hood you might be able to see where it is leaking out from.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mysterious Surging Leak with New Showerhead [ 3 Answers ]

I recently had my bathtub converted to a walk-in shower by a general contractor. I had a problem with random surging leaks from the new showerhead from the outset. Water would spurt out of the showerhead at random as if someone quickly turned the water on off. The manufacturer replaced the...

Antifreeze leak in 97 Jeep Cherokee [ 2 Answers ]

1997 Jeep Cherokee... I purchased this a year ago from an elderly couple so I thought that it would be in decent shape. When I purchased it the antifreeze didn't have too much of a problem. Once winter rolled around it would go through antifreeze like crazy but no leaks. I had Firestone do a...

Engine Oil Leak/Antifreeze Leak--2001 Chrysler Town and Country [ 1 Answers ]

My 2001 T & C has 82K and what I am told, by a reputable source,but not a mechanic, is an engine oil leak. The leak seems to be toward the front and middle. I haven't noticed an oil smell, any smoke, etc... but we are also trapped in below zero weather in Nebraska. I was also told there is an...

Shower leak -mysterious [ 6 Answers ]

Hello All, When someone takes a shower in our upstair bathroom (directly above our Kitchen downstairs), I hear water drops hitting the ceiling of the kitchen, very Slowly but steadily ( 1 drop hitting the ceiling ~30-45 secs). I don't see any Wetness on the ceiling from the downstair...

View more questions Search